View Single Post
Old 2015.12.07, 04:11 PM   #31
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

3. Susanne Sundfør- Ten Love Songs

The latest release from Sussanne Sundfor is one of the most compelling, challenging and satisfying pop releases I have heard in years. It's emotionally draining and musically it's both stunningly beautiful and hard hitting. While it may not seem like a 'huge' album at first- it will indeed likely take a few spins for it to fully reveal itself to you- it truly is an unforgetable release. It's an album that has been crafted as an ALBUM. The songs all play off each other- and they're all anchored by a swooping, 10 minute ballad. Whether it be punchy 80s inspired electro (hell, I can hear Kraftwerk in some moments of this album) or more orchestral balladry, nothing seems out of place or worth skipping.

I have spent a great deal of time with this release, definitely one of the most 'out of nowhere' releases for me this year- and that's probably why it makes it all the more rewarding- it feels like a great discovery. This album is truly "alive". While it does have a heavy amount of electronic work, it never feels cold. It's always organic and warm- and this is what keeps me coming back. And I think the same will happen if anyone gives it some real time to absorb.

Well deserving of the bronze medal for 2015.

Read me gush about it more here.

Sundfor

This track: Eat your fucking heart out CHVRCHES :-p