View Single Post
Old 2009.07.10, 01:22 PM   #658
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ummm wowwwwwww, I have no words to say to that comparison. Well, I will start by saying that I remain a bitchy cynic above and beyond anything. so when you read my posts don't think of me crying, think of me rolling my eyes a la Daria.

my point is that the expectations posted of Ringo here on this forum are unreleastic and sometimes a bit misogyonistic. Ringo is an artist, not an idol. firstly, her music is subject to unprecendentedly ridiculous standards. It would have to be the greatest thing ever released and have satisfied every fan and include every genre to making a passing cut here. Then people visually deconstruct Ringo, if not complaining that she looks old/greasy/tired/generally bad, then saying she doesn't "look like herself" (what the fuck do you guys know? do you live with her?), that she looks fake, that now she is shallow, she has collagen (if she does, good for her is what I say), that her PV's are insipid and vapid.

Well guess what, this is Ringo. She has complete creative control and she made the PV. And yeah, if you don't like that that sucks, but there is no way for anyone to win around around here. Not when your deconstructing Ringo like this and everyone has to play witness to it. Some of the comments I read her about photoshoots and videos and appearances make my stomach turn.

also, has any noticed there are quite a few prominent members who haven't posted reviews or impressions here because they don't want to get sucked into this? probably because they have positive things to say and its sad that they feel they can't post that here without tainting their name.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote