View Single Post
Old 2008.03.08, 03:30 PM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

As someone with intermediate expertise in three instruments, I have a tough time choosing a favorite.

Lately I'm thinking that baritone saxophones are underrated. I've never played one, but I'd like to someday.

I love listening to electric guitars because they're so diverse in tones or the style of the performer. But for playing one myself, I don't think I could wrap my head around the structure of it - I'm much more at-home with the piano or woodwind layouts.

I'd also like to try an accordian someday. justriiingo will poke me for not proclaiming the bandeon, but at this phase of my life that instrument would probably give me dyslexia if I tried to master it.

Double bass is such a rich-sounding instrument too. I think most bass guitar playing should be replaced with it. The only time I've ever thought bass guitar sounded sexy, was when an Asai Kenichi composition (not necessarily under his solo name) put bass guitar in the foreground. Yeah, there are other peoples' compositions where it dominates, but hardly in a way that I think is special.

Hammond organs are awesome too. I'd have a difficult time choosing between owning one of those, or a grand piano.

I guess I'm just hopeless when it comes to choosing a favorite instrument.