Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.07.26, 10:00 PM   #872
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
She named her old Mercedes "Hitler" because it was German and it was a shitbox.
Thanks for this, I'd never heard this explanation before!

Also, I know the flag and symbol itself means different things to different people, and also as an American, I don't feel it's really my place to tell people what to do with a flag from their own country, but it just seems tone deaf particularly in the context of the current Japanese political climate

Regarding the single, I don't believe the digital version comes with a code... I don't follow enough Japanese musicians through their physical releases, so I can't say how common it is, but I get the impression that extras like these (other ones I see are posters, postcards, tickets to release events, and things of that sort) are how the record industry cushions physical sales, while I get the impression that countries, like the US for example, are becoming more and more digitally oriented...

Edit: just happened across a bit of an interview where she's saying that she didn't write Nippon with the intention of having it be a nationalistic song

(I think the fact that it was a tie-up with NHK, who are or have been? In the prime minister's pocket added to the initial controversy, and some people are mistaken thinking that the flags came after Nippon, when they've been in use since 2008)

I don't have time to get to the direct article link right now, but here's a twitter cap of the interview (it's in Japanese) https://twitter.com/hyakki_akiyama/s...28950894047232

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.07.26 at 10:12 PM.
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote