View Single Post
Old 2010.08.28, 02:04 AM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Quick impressions. Full review possibly on Sunday. Best Phase 2 DVD.
  • OSCA: I didn't hate it for once? Nice job on this song.
  • Zettai Zetsumei: LMAO at Kameda having equipment failure at the beginning.
  • Sounan: Fuck you, Phase 2.
  • Shuraba: Single version FTW.
  • 3 Min: No live guitar. It was OK.
  • Killer Tune: Great performance. Dig the new guitar solo and ending.
  • Noriki: <3 <3 <3 <3 8-bit lives! 8-bit Ringo kicking ass River City Ransom style.
  • Sweet Spot: Boobs.
  • MaruSadi/A New Way to Fly: Retire it if this is what you're going to do to it. Terrible.
  • Kimaru: Epic performance of an epic song. Marionette Ringo rocks. This song is just amazing. You can tell the audience was in awe of how great it is. It gave me the chills.
Wow this is spot on. They really F'd us in the A with that version of Sounan. Seriously, it was soooo bad. The last two albums have been knocked for their penmanship, but at least I always found the arrangements interesting, even if they didn't have much to work with. Yet here, they have a great song, and they completely slack. I can't remember what song went before it, but it seemed like they were forcing it to be in the same key or rhythm or something that just didn't work.

I was really let down by their not having Uki play guitar on 3min. Was it maybe because they wanted him to sing well? I'd have to watch it again, but it seemed underwhelming because I couldn't get over that. His singing was better, though. Or maybe I'm trying to find an excuse for him.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote