View Single Post
Old 2007.08.19, 12:39 AM   #14
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Okay, so I just went back and watched Aliens again, but for my first time with high-definition upscaling and a better set of speakers than before.

I forgot how intense that movie was.

Yeah, there's a certain intensity to just having one alien, because it could be approaching from anywhere and at anytime (it's more likely to wait until you think you're the most safe - instead be part of some relentless onslaught), while your attention could be focused in so many times and directions where there actually aren't any aliens.

With the second movie, it's naturally expected that aliens are everywhere, and that if you're ready to shoot in every damn direction, you're gonna hit some of the enemies no matter what, even if not all the enemies. Kind of how I get a better kill count in Counterstrike if I'm solo against two people instead of one.

Ripley fucked everything up by attacking the eggs infront of the queen.
If she had just left all that alone, the queen wouldn't have had any early reason to detach from the egg sack, and she and all her eggs (laid and queued) would've eventually been blown up along with everything else.

But of course, James Cameron and Colonel Hicks love to pair up for franchises that introduce huge logic holes in the sequels.