Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.08.16, 09:05 AM   #1086
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
So the show was a fusion of Ringo Expo 08 and 14? Were there any performances that stood out outside the ones where she injured herself? :I
I couldn't see well, so I can't talk visuals, but Kamisama, hotokesama was incredible live, and seishun no mabataki was the most beautiful I've ever heard it. Shun, marunouchi, she's started with STEM of all songs, wow!!! Shuukyou sounded like it was just a chorus, not with her vocals (it was an interlude) but no source on that. I really loved meisai tonight. Chichinpuipui made me cry like a baby (? Seems like the wrong reaction but it happened), and oishii kisetsu was so sweet and goopy and sweeping that I had to just lean my head back and just let it all wash over me.

It definitely wasn't a brand new concert (elements of both expos with new band, costume, etc.) but the many fans I know who have never had a chance to see her in Japan really seemed overjoyed--as someone who has had the great fortune to have seen her live many times, parts felt incongruent with my image of how the concert would go.

But overall, to me it felt like a concert for someone who's been waiting to see a favorite artist live for many many years, or for someone who never got to see her early classics live.

I was hoping she would do a Chinese song--maybe one day!! Her fanservice (touching fans hands, waving a lot, she said "I love you" in mandarin also!) was more than her Japanese shows get too, so some Japanese fans seemed a little jealous

Since the intended audience was people in Taiwan (and neighboring countries, I guess) who have almost/never gotten to see her live, perhaps any Chinese-speaking members might have seen some impressions about it from a less biased source /wall of text