Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.09.15, 07:41 PM   #1220
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
(..)

Re mastering reply from Harry4567: sure its a major problem on almost everything- but it's not just the brickwalling thats the problem with the latest Ringo... it really sounds plain bad to me. And it's getting progressively worse as time goes on. I have whinged about her earlier albums too- but this is way beyond the problems those had. It's all muddy and icky, and theres waaay too much treble. It kinda sorta is acceptable on Reimport- where its a big kalaidescopic mesh of sounds (the opening track works supremely well- a showtune ran through the SS machine is the best description for it)- but for Sunny where the songs are much more... gentle and jazzy/have a level headed pop approach (best description I can come up with a blistering headache) it really, really fucking ruins it. I mean, can you not hear it sounding worse than it did at oh, the end of Jihen???
Universal applied some destructive EQ on the tracks, meanwhile the mastering engineer applied some destructive EQ and cut out frequencies before handing his master. Double destruction is the key why all her songs suck hard nowadays. However, it is less worsen on the latest single that you hate. (specifically the hi-res one, that the coke song completely beat out the buddha crap into the dust) [Offtopic: It's quite surprising to see that 2dB differences between CD and hi-res made a huge difference in listening.]

Last edited by harry4567 : 2015.09.15 at 07:44 PM.
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote