View Single Post
Old 2013.08.13, 07:05 PM   #1
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community
Default Japanese Karaoke Tracks

So, kind of an off-the-wall request. As I may have mentioned before, I currently work as a host at a local karaoke dive bar. It's a cool place, smack dab in the middle of the International District, and was actually the first karaoke bar in Seattle, around since the late '50s.

Anyway, I'm always looking for new music to add to our rotation and, while we do have a number of Japanese laserdiscs, they're pretty much exclusively enka and all of it is pre-1985 or so. What I'd really like is some more recent stuff to throw in the queue, be it Ringo, Mr. Children, Akai Tori, whatever. Anything from the last 20 years, really.

Does anyone know of a good resource for finding contemporary karaoke tracks? I've searched all around myself, but have only found truly abominable MIDI versions and companies that want me to purchase their preloaded 30000-track karaoke systems for exorbitant amounts of money. Obviously free would be preferable, but I'm more than happy to pay for stuff assuming the price is right and it's what I'm looking for.

Any ideas? Thanks.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote