View Single Post
Old 2007.08.23, 05:53 PM   #24
midnightispure

midnightispure pleased at least somebody

For the love of god dude, I've been a lurker here for a long, long time, and now I'm like..actually posting because you make me climb the walls. Yes, no matter how hard it is for you to accept this, there are people that ENJOY what Yumiko is doing. I'm all for opinions, when you get down the real thing at hand, I could care less if you don't like her recent stuff. You just act like a little kid who thinks his opinion is the best and makes a thread to act all crazy about it. It's not your style, its not your taste, whatever. Move on, obviously you don't enjoy her/TJ's new stuff anymore. I like all of HF, yes, I love it all. I dance like a nerd to Papaya Mango [not really, but you get the point.] You strike me also as one of those holier than thou hardcore music people who is concerned with every little thing about a song, even to the point where you criticize Uki's guitar playing. I've never even touched a guitar in my life, and I don't know the first thing about playing a guitar, but I listen to what sounds good FOR ME. I think it sounds good, so I listen to it. Its his OWN way of interpreting an instrument that anyone can pick up and interpret THEIR OWN way. If everyone played the same every band would suck because everyone would be the same. I know you think he sucks, which gives you another reason to finally give up on them and stop complaining, enjoy the stuff you do and just leave the people who want to enjoy the music for what is is alone. Moving on..how you can honestly say you know that this 1998-2000 rock persona is the "true" her with a straight face is beyond me when in fact you've never even touched nor seen the woman in your life. Many people have said this before me, but I doubt you'll even pay attention - people change, for goodness sake. When people have babies popping out, obviously your mindset changes. When you take a break from your career and evaluate your life obviously there are parts of you that will change. Thats not to say you can't still have that previous personality that was changed. I, for example LOVED the Spice Girls when they were around. Does that mean I want to be a hardcore Spice Girls fan 7 years later? No, of course not, but I still enjoy their work. Basically, she's not creating your personal tastes. She's making the music for herself, not you, and you can't decide if she's faking herself or not because your opinion relies on blind faith which is just as bad as those fanatical religious maniacs.

I'm done.

Last edited by midnightispure : 2007.08.23 at 06:01 PM.
midnightispure is offline   Reply With Quote