View Single Post
Old 2014.08.28, 06:11 AM   #4
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

So here's what I can say:

Most people in Japan know of her, but they know mostly about Honnou. Iroha is also very recongizable. A lot of people say "Ah... Shiina Ringo huh?" so it's a bit embarassing. I have come across 3 types of people: People who know he primarily from her recent output and describe her as 'shibui' (refined elegance perhaps), people who know he from honnou and thinks she's weird, or people who are fans of her. All the people I have met in person share the same opinion of her as me: her early materials is markedly different from her current output, but her jazzy stuff is just as good if not better. I have met people who are Tokyo Jihen fans more than solo fans, people who like me love KZK the most but still like Jihen.
The funny thing is, everyone EXCEPT Shiina fans seem to like NIPPON, so there's that.

As for mainstream press, she seems more favorable nowadays, but after reading about her mgazine appearences, it seems like Rockon Japan still supports her. They are giving her just as much cover appearences/featuers as when she was a truly "rock" artist.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote