View Single Post
Old 2007.08.23, 11:36 AM   #9
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm with you all the way, NIHM. I don't see why Ringo is a fake or anything because the band's style has changed. I know I keep saying this, but I'll say it again: Its not bad music, it just depends whether it is your kind of STYLE of music or not. I've heard a lot of music that I can't stand but you can always tell if it is good or not even if you don't like it.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
They were fake if they were not true extensions of Shiina. If they were written because "this is my ticket."

See it this way, I can write a rap song. Maybe even a really good one. Let's just say, and I played up the image. And people really liked it, they bought my blinged records, wore their do-rags like I wore em, and as is apparent on these forums, I have the street-cred.
The problem being? Thats not me. Rap can be fun and the like, but I'm not a "rap" kinda guy -- but I was "frontin" that I was. How irate would the people that saw me as the second coming of BIG be if I was just doing it cuz I could and not because it was what I really was? If I put out an acoustic rock record and played it that I was "stretching my art" and disowning my earlier rap songs -- what credibility do I have? I duped a bunch of people into thinking I was something I wasn't.

Sure, you can piddle with genres and swap them, but you don't swap your philosophy.

This is beyond "HF an Variety are (likely) shit" this is Shiina wrote rock songs cuz she could, played it up, made us believe, but wasn't truly what she was. Whether "phase 2" is 'her' any more than the early stuff was doesn't matter because she already compromised that artistic trust. Why should we think a few years from now she won't separate herself from these albums too?
IF she separates herself from these albums, then so be it. It doesn't make her any less of an artist for it. You do what you are happy with, some people will burn you for it and other will praise you but it doesn't make you any less of a person. Just because she is a public figure doesn't mean she can't live her life as well. And as different as Uki and Izawa's songs are from Ringo's old works, they still have a sense of quality that most other artists who do similar works as their MAIN thing cannot even reproduce.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.08.23 at 11:42 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote