View Single Post
Old 2019.04.06, 02:36 AM   #10
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So some fun time regarding the concepts of the album. Here's two things I noted talking to people and sifting through the hype:

(It may be coincidence, maybe not.)

1. After reading into the sandoku beliefs (three poisons) I found this quite striking (source): All human beings are born with sandoku: (1) tonyoku (貪欲, “greed”), (2) shinni (瞋恚, “anger” or “resentment”), and (3) guchi (愚痴, “stupidity” or “ignorance”).

Note how the third one is called guchi. Pretty damn similar to GUCCI, no?

2. Secondly, on Kronekodow, she talks about how the three poisons are represented by chicken, boar and snake. Our old buddy op2 pointed this out to me on the Ringo Expo '18 announcement image:

Check out what 3 animals the aliens are abducting, coincidence?

Anyway. This album, conceptually, is probably the most exciting thing since KZK. Hopefully at least SOME of the music lives up to the thought she has seemingly put into it.

Also, finally, and while not necessarily relating to the album itself, I found this interesting tweet that seems more than relevant on the 20th anniversary on Muzai Moratorium

Maybe it's something. Maybe its nothing. Maybe I'm just fanboying- something I have not done regarding Shiina Ringo for about five years.

Feels good.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2019.04.06 at 02:44 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote