View Single Post
Old 2015.09.18, 10:39 AM   #16
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
I find it interesting how many people don't like the tracks without ringo singing--I was conversely disappointed that it took so long for them to get solos...
Honestly, the guys in TJ aren't all that good. However, I am really not big on the male singing voice in general, no matter how skilled the singer is. I realize this is also very petty, but it's a purely emotional reaction (or rather, the lack thereof). It's not a sex thing, at least not directly.

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Aisaika is probably in like, my current top 10 favourite Ringo tracks ever but I do agree that my 14 year old self didn't appreciate it very much when I first heard it.
Youth is definitely a factor, but there's more to it than that. I had kind of an unusual upbringing; as a result I actually wound up missing a lot of music that most people would probably find familiar (including the vast majority of the music produced between 1980 and 2000). Ringo's music itself is very much responsible for changing and broadening my musical tastes; I actually discovered a lot of Western music through her first.

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
A few days ago I listened to Papaya Mango for the second time ever. I've been actively avoiding that song for years! The second listen just made me remember why that is the case.
This is a good example. Didn't know who Rosemary Clooney was before Ringo.

Back on topic, I can think of really only two songs right now that I *just* can't stand, at all: NIPPON, and Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri. Though I will possibly reconsider the latter if she does it live and without the vocoder.