View Single Post
Old 2012.01.18, 03:19 PM   #47
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

This EP is definitely all over the place, but I like that.

Has anyone actually seen the packaging? It is AWESOME, definitely the best out of any release they have done. The first pressing is a card box and the contents fall out. The color bar logo is actually about 5 slips of paper, each stripped with two colors, with a rectangle hole in the center. On the back is printed the lyrics to each song, and when you lay all 5 on top of each other you have the color bar design, which fits inside the large black slip case. It also came with a nice photo of the band from PV, then the cd in the pack in a mini plastic slip, similar to a slip for a record. definitely the most elaborate and well thought out EP. I anticipate regular press must be ENTIRELY different, probably a jewel case with the cards compiled into a small slip with printed lyrics.

as for the music, right now my favorites are Ringo, Kameda, and Hata. I find Hata's track quite interesting. His voice is so raw and you can really hear the passion in his voice. Yes, the lyrics are all about death and simple, yes his voice is gravelly and strange to listen to, but I find it exciting and compelling. No, I won't write a ten page article about how it is high art...I find that much more interesting that Izawa (least favorite) and Uki's (second least favorite). Overall this definitely feels like a hot mess of an EP, almost like a HEY, we can do Variety right this time!

considering Hata and Kameda will most likely still be with Ringo for whatever projects she may move onto, I find the fact that I enjoy their work here the most to be most promising. As much as I like Izawa and Uki as part of Jihen, I don't particularly have much interest to follow their solo careers after their latest efforts.

edit: oh look, I found a video of the packaging!

color bars unpackaging

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2012.01.18 at 03:25 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote