View Single Post
Old 2007.09.13, 11:26 PM   #52
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Hahah, I post on Jpopmusic.com forums, but only in the "Other Artists Forum" (which is lame that all these other artists are relegated to "other" whereas the 'big names' like Utada and Momusu are the ones to get their own forums for people to squee in) to gather single/album news on the other artists on my site besides Ringo.

But some of the people in the Rie fu thread recently have been kind of attacking me for daring to say things like, the thread title should have the correct single titles in it (and not just the first romanization someone--who as it turns out DOESN'T EVEN STUDY JAPANESE--pops out, which is almost always wrong). Yeah, how dare I tell someone they should know Japanese before they report a single's title or even translation.
(You know, me... the SOLE TRANSLATOR of Rie's lyrics online. Or at least, the only person who bothers to keep their Rie site up to date and with ALL lyrics translated. Not that I'm saying I should be treated like some goddess for that, many of those people may not even care to read translations, but I'm a real, contributing member to the small Rie online fandom, and it really sucked to get burned like that by people who shouldn't have been biting the hand that feeds them.)

Like, anyone remember the whole Jpopsuki Sakuran/Fence Viewing thing? That kind of insanity. Yeah, how dare I tell people not to use Altavista to get translations of shit that they're then going to spread to others. HEAVEN FORBID the Internet have correct information on it!!! *eyeroll*

Most of you who know me are probably thinking "She came off too arrogant/officious about it" but the hilariously ironic thing is that I knew that could happen and so instead tried SO hard to act humble and polite about the request. And what happened? People jumped all over me like I had been outright rude anyway. so wtf

...Also, you know, this thread should have been moved to Offtopic a long time ago. *moves*
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote