View Single Post
Old 2007.09.25, 01:20 AM   #44
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

My second impressions, after 3 or 4 listens (I'm likely to have another impression after 10 plays or so).

(Guide: Love, Like, Meh, Dislike)

Ramp -Has grown on me. The fuzzy sounds in the verses are annoying. Verses have a good melody, chorus isn't bad. One of the better songs.

Mirrorball - I prefer this to the JCHI version still. It just sounds like it's trying to fit in with the rest of the album. There's something in the verses that sounds like Sigma to me. It annoys me.

Kingyo no Hako - I lurrrve the music. The verses are great. Chorus' not so great. The guitar solo is the evilest thing on the album, it wrecks the whole song, being why it only gets a 'Meh'. I have dreams about mutilating the mp3 to get rid of it.

Shiseikatsu - Very boring. Don't even like the verses. The end is a direct rip off of Superstar.

OSCA - The best... by far.

Kronekodow - I don't mind it that much. I like the high pitched bits, and the piano. I was going to give it a Like, but it just doesn't give me the urge to listen to it again.

Fukushuu - Sounds great at the start. Finally some variety. But then comes the evil, also known as the chorus. Seriously, does this album have any decent choruses?

Boutomin - It's quite different. I don't mind it too much. One of the better choruses. Otherwise pretty boring.

SSAW - Hello, variety, where are you? This sounds the same as the last one. Except more boring.

Tsukigime-hime - Oooh sounds so good at the start. Love the verses muchly. Again the enter the boring chorus. It's growing on me. And the verses make up for it. Still has nothing on anything from Adult.

Sake to Geko - Now this is what I'm talking about. This is probably the only song with potential to achieve the colour blue. Love the singing. Love the change in the song. It's just something sounds very familiar in the piano around 1:00. It doesn't sound entirely new to me, and it'd be one of the not so good songs if it were on Adult.

Killer Tune - Again with the great verses and sucky choruses. This song goes no where. The first chorus sounds like what the last chorus should sound like. It's just grating. And it's much worse live.

Metro - It's like Karada went and got a little better. Which makes it no where near good.

So that makes... 1 Loves, 2 Likes, 6 Mehs and 4 Dislikes. I was actually expecting more to end up in Dislike. So I guess I don't really mind the album. It's just that it's mostly meh.

Theres no hooks, hardly anything is very catchy, a lot of it sounds recycled. The upside is that I do like the style and a lot of the music is great. Sadly the good verses do not make up for crap choruses. I'm glad I have the OSCA single, because it's really the only song I want.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote