View Single Post
Old 2007.09.25, 03:16 AM   #46
Pancio

Pancio has had more than 15 seconds of fame

It's the turn for my track by track review.... I have mixed opinions actually.
I find most of the track aimless, like they're a bunch of instruments put toghether randomly- despite the fairly good playing.

Ramp- It's a nice opening to the album. This is one of the few tracks (like OSCA and Killer Tune) which has a real "structure". SAVED

Mirrorball- The JCHI version was boring. This is unbearable. Nonsense melody going up and down... Ukigumo song writing ability sucks. But we all knew that FIRED

Kingyo no Hako - Carina. It's the italian for "cute". That's what popped out in my mind listening to it the first time. It seems like Sounan + Blackout gone awry though. GRASPING

Shiseikatsu - This is supposed to be "old ringo" style. I noticed some resemblance to Superstar too. It's an average song, not too good no too bad. Probably it will grow on me. Better an entire album of "superstar" clones that songs like "Mirrorball". So: SAVED

OSCA - When I first listened to this song I thought "finally Ringo has gone back to some cool rock" and that's still my opinion. Ukigumo was on drugs (in a positive sense) when he wrote this. SAVED

Kronekodow - I was expecting something great by Kameda+Ringo's trademark BUT, my excpectations were totally wrong. Another "like a drop in the sea" song. Still is fairly nice and fun to hear. GRASPING

Fukushuu - Ringo's perfect english and "western" sound of this made me crumble. This is not any fun. I'M SCARED. GRASPING

Boutomin- I'll pretend this wasn't on the album. Why PINOCCHIO was a B side?? ANSWER ME LORD!!! FIRED

SSAW - I'm pretending this wasn't on the album too. Am I repeating myself? Kaban no Nakami in this place would suit well. FIRED

Tsukigime-hime - Some nice feeling about this song. Mabye the most ringo-ish on the album. Tokyo no Onna's sequel! SAVED

Sake to Geko - were they trying to rip off Yume no Ato? No doubt they weren't any succesfull at it. like I said before it's better having an entire album of this than shit like SSAW and Boutomin. SAVED

Killer Tune - A structure finally!!!! Verses and recognizable chorus. This is OK. SAVED

Metro - Karada's better. That says it all FIRED

This album is not completely satisfactory. Put the B sides in the place of the tracks i fired and it becomes a 6/10. My final verdict is 5/10