Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.09.29, 09:51 AM   #1301
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I agree with what a_grumble_cake says--I think what embarrasses her most about her early career is probably not so much the music itself as what memories she associates with it. How her vision with Honnou was so wildly misinterpreted and became kind of popculture/comedy fodder, when she was seriously referencing her relationships with hospitals, and her kind of space punk vision for the video. I think she leaves most of her styling up to other people these days.

With Netsuai vs Honnou outfits: I think there's a difference in people reading her nurse outfit as weird/sexual when she intended it to have more meaning than that, vs what I assume is her confidently displaying her body in a way that to me feels as much as for her as for the audience (I particularly feel this way post-tsugou no ii karada MV which shows cartoon ringo with a particularly buxom figure)

Also, what happened with KZK -- first, I've seen it said in older interviews that she herself thought she only had it in her to create 3 albums. Take that as you will. She has also said since the very early stages of her professional career that she makes music because she wants people to hear it. KZK didn't really have any tracks meant to be received the way that Kokokiss, Honnou, Gibs, etc. were, but similar to how yattsuke shigoto changed between ZX and KZK, it's possible that the changes her life took during pregnancy came out a lot more than we are aware of in the final product of KZK. Lack of time is also definitely a factor (she admitted in an interview that she can only give 100% for her tie-ins, for example, and that she simply lacks long periods of open time to dedicate to writing the way she could when she was young/didn't have a family to raise).

I think to be an involved fan of Ringo's at this stage, you may have to kind of consider the circumstances she is dealing with right now before making then/now sort of comparisons. :\ her approach is probably just different. I would also like to see more exploration and experimentation from her, but whether she has/makes the time to go there is just something we have to wait and see...?

these are my thoughts, anyway!