View Single Post
Old 2022.09.21, 01:19 PM   #6
KronKyrios

KronKyrios pleased at least somebody

15 years ago, Ringo's music helped me through a major depression that almost ended my existence. Ever since then, I have followed her to places I would never have gone on my own. (I never liked jazz before Ringo, and I could never have guessed my favorite song of all time would be a waltz!)

To this day, she is still my most favorite musician. Last time I checked the numbers (around 2019), I have kept 64% of every unique song she has released in my regular rotation for those 15 years (counting remakes, but not live versions). There is certainly stuff she has done which I really dislike, but I have nothing but respect for her overall career.

I need a ton of variety in my music, but I prioritize artists over any other aspect of music. In order to fill both these needs, any artist I listen to has to be incredibly versatile. If an artist can be pigeon-holed into one genre, I probably won't be listening to them much, so the ever-changing landscape of music she produces is perfect for my tastes.

I drive for a living so I can listen to whatever I want to listen to for over 12 hours a day. Sometimes I don't listen to music on a given day, or I am wrapped up in another musician.
My answer to "how often do I listen to Ringo?" is typically 2-20 hours weekly.

Image Courtesy of MBF
KronKyrios is offline   Reply With Quote