View Single Post
Old 2007.05.19, 12:23 PM   #3
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I guess you can write what you voted, but as the selections are public, some informations in the form of a motive are welcome.

As for me, I also chose Kabukichou no joou because maybe that's the most common first-sentence of Ringo I can think of. Wherever you go to read about Ringo, you'll almost always see the queen of Kabuki line in there if not in the first sentence, at least in the first paragraph.
Not to say the song is nothing but a masterpiece.
I'm fond of Koko de kissu shite too, hate to leave it out, I really had a period where I was deep into that song. But that was before I really liked Kabukichou. Not sure why I didn't like Kabukichou that much from start though. It should be catchy enough to allow that.
As for Koko de kissu shite, I fell in love with that song first because of the intro Ringo sings.
I have a class mate who actually is a bit into Ringo, he's also a musician. But the only song text he knows from Ringo (he knows quite a lot Japanese songs and is a semiprofessional musician) is Kabukichou. No surprise he knows those lyrics.
Oh, and when it comes to the text. What does it really mean, queen of Kabuki quarters. Who's really her mother? Who's the guy that her mother "probably" left with? Is this really about Kabukichou? I guess this might not be about Ringo herself; I assume she's got not much to do with the sexual profession side of Kabuki quarters. Of course Kabukichou contains lots of other entertainments (live houses! cinema! game center! batting centers! love hotels! foods! drinking places! themed restuarants!).
Oh well, maybe this should go into a topic of its own.

Last edited by Jonny : 2007.05.19 at 12:34 PM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote