View Single Post
Old 2008.09.19, 01:29 PM   #102
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Finally got to see it a second time around, so here's some more thoughts.

I know everyone here loves Yokushitsu (and so do I) but the song I love most here (besides Stoicism) is My Luxury Night. Its one of those songs rthat you can hear how its "supposed" to sound, but its unhinged. And I think thats great.

Akane Sasu and Sakana are songs I always always skip on their respective albums. But here they really shine.

Anyone that says "Shiina's vocals are better now than before" is simply nuts or high off their rocker. She really knocks Memai -- the most vocally of her early songs -- straight outta the park. I'm including ma grrl Justin in there too til she sees the light =(

I kinda wished the set was mixed up a bit tho. Put Identity/Public earlier, move Sid to the middle so then we can end the main set with Yokushitsu>Luxury>Stoicism. Sid gets in my way =(

The problem with watching this makes me curious about the SotC2/RSR boots which never surfaced to my knowledge. But then again, this is a psychological trap. Like after the Mellow pv aired (seems so long ago now) and I was on a high and saw the OSCA pv on my hdd and thought about watching it. -- NOT a fun juxtaposition, kids. So I'll just stay happy living in the past until Shiina gives me a damn reason to move forward.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.09.19 at 01:38 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote