View Single Post
Old 2007.04.25, 08:01 PM   #10
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, truth is, I didn't buy it until the sunday before release. Fortunately Tower Records has a million and a half of them. When I got it I was pretty surprised to see some of the features, I was just expecting some lame DVD redux. When I finish watching it I will post a little song by song impression for people who didn't buy it.

gamble: very nice, probably my favorite on the DVD. Features very bright and colorful kalediscope formations with animated pieces of an anime-style school girl up and about.

stem: works very well for the piece. All black and white digitial animation of flowering plants and butterflies and a giant nest of feathers which turns into color towards teh end. Very similar to the opening of her movie.

sakuran: oh man, this one is great. It starts with what looks like bleeding ink but you can then kind of grasp that it is kind of like a world within an ink painting. It dives deep into a mine and you are presented with the story of a miner and an oiran, which ends in a quite morbid style.

hatsukoi shoujo:my least favorite on the dvd

papaya mango: all orange/red, black/browns, and white/cremes. Looks almost like Soviet era Proproganda. Features Ringo running around with some White guy in South Park style. Was on the floor cracking up.

Ishiki: GORGEOUS. Looks like something out of that anime about the Counte of Monte Christo. A very nice gothic interior with various patterns and lighting. Not a huge fan of the song but the video definitely works.

La Salle De Bain: awesome. I don't know how to explain this. Lots of fish mixed with the shapes of other animals, including a disembodied female head with long branches and feathers for eyelids. To talk to much about it would spoil it, but it is a major WTF video

Meisai: WTF. Has Ringo ever gotten over her hard-on for cars? Only, what, this isn't a car? It is a machine to...torture hampsters? Wait...the hampsters are free....and they are....jumping off a cliff?.....wait, cookies? WTF x 10

Poltergeist: here we have another kalediscope-type design. There is some really interesting ink work of Ringo that is animated in such a way that they have various versions of her from her solo singles blended together so that it just looks like the ink work is moving around.

Karisome Otome: Cat and mouse black and white chase. Deviates to color when you think they might be happy...returns when it doesn't work out....

Oiran: everyones see this, yes?

Yume no Ato: I am not sure how to describe what I'm looking it. It looks like thread stop-motion animated but it is WAY to intricate to be hand done. The thread weaves around on its own like snakes to form various shapes and creations.

KYNO: the PV, only the first part is shortened and the quality is noticibly bad

Karisome Otome Death Jazz Version: Okay, so I lied, there is a PV for this one as well, completely different from the other version. I like this better than the other KO but nothing to really write home about. I Rapunzel-type story with a women in a large tower, man trying to get to her. All done in black and white 3-D graphics. Ends happy though....

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.04.25 at 09:24 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote