View Single Post
Old 2011.12.17, 04:04 PM   #9
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Your lists are all weak. No mention of Gold Cobra by Limp Bizkit. For shame :-p

No but in all seriousness:

1. Let England Shake (PJ Harvey)- this is the one and only, truly amazing album I heard all year. The atmosphere, production, just plain everything is good about it.
2. Reform (Jane Zhang)- yes, I'm a sorry sop for this woman, her voice makes me go a big wet one everytime she hits her high notes, and in general, she's just plain better than the rest of the Chinese popstars
3. Heritage (Opeth)- I am a sucker for Opeth, this is no exception. They decided to go 1970s prog sounding, and in turn released the first non-brickwalled album ever on Roadrunner records :-p
4. Pain is a Warning (Today is the Day)- Heavy, heavy and wait, country/southern? From the mind of Steve Austin (not the wrestler)? Sold!
5. Daihakken (Tokyo Jihen)- yeah, yeah, you knew it was gonna be on my list.

You have no idea how hard I found it to even think of 5 albums I liked enough to rank as besties this year. Daihakken I liked, then meh'd, now like again, and by looks of it, it's my most played 2011 album by far on last.fm so I guess I like it more than I actually think I do, so that's why I decided to put it in there. And also, can't think of anything else I actually played as much. Nope, my 2011 was made up of collection filling and re-releases of Togawa stuff :-p

With that said

Best reissue of 2011:
Jun Togawa YEN Collection

Best music DVD:
Midori- Sayonara Goto San

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.12.17 at 04:21 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote