View Single Post
Old 2019.10.20, 11:07 AM   #33
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
I was curious, everyone is saying this is a proper best of? Suberidai and Tadashii Machi were singles? I know Suberidai was on a single but it didn't seem like a song that was pushed? I'm not going to argue with their inclusion, I like both them.
Both songs have a lot of sentimental value to her. Suberidai WAS the song she wanted to release as her first single but the label made her release Koufukuron as her first single instead with Suberidai as the B-side. Tadashii Machi isn't a single but it was the first song on her first album and it's largely about becoming the artist she wanted to be. In her GX performance, which is probably one of her best regarding Tadashii Machi, you can visibly see her almost tearing up a little after the 3 minute mark when she finishes mentioning the beach and river at the heart of the city. That sudden moment of being a girl who grew up in Fukuouka now performing in Fukuouka to a crowd of people probably really touched her emotionally. So yeah, she probably wanted those songs because they really encapsulate her feelings when she was first breaking into the industry.