View Single Post
Old 2013.12.22, 04:43 PM   #5
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ I'm kinda the same, I didn't really like the slower songs until a while after I'd started listening to Mahou, now I think the 'lull' part of the album is the best part. Seiko + Acoustic Guitar is what I love the most. KITTY'S BLUES however, I had no problem with, I love that piano melody in there, it' gorgeous.

As for her voice... well Mahou wins for me there. While she may have improved from a conventional standpoint on Zettai, it also isn't as unrestrained as on Mahou or PINK either (give or take a few parts where she lets it loose- which are very effective). Though, that said, she still has a better set of lungs than any other new female artist in Japan at the moment. I'm keen to see some live footage from the Zettai Shoujo tour- and I'm sure we will get some form of DVD or CD/CD-R from it too.

With the new album, I think the two weakest tracks are the first two songs. I like them but I also know what comes later in the album totally eclipses them with sheer creativity and power :-p I still can't decide whether choosing these two power-pop songs as lead-in singles was an ingenious move or a bad move.... will newbies be turned off that only the first two songs sound like that? Or will it attract more people than her style of music normally would? Time will tell. Seems most people that have heard it are enjoying it anyway, I haven't seen any real criticisms towards the album itself (Though I have seen criticism toward Oomori herself from people that just can't get into her whatsoever, which is fair enough) so far- infact, my 8.5 is the lowest score I've seen someone give it :-p.

Oh, and by the way, The End Of Summer is an amazing track, that would have been great on Zettai Shoujo. It wouldn't surprise me if it's from the same sessions.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.12.22 at 04:59 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote