View Single Post
Old 2016.03.25, 04:54 PM   #64
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I'm watching it now. Honestly, this was probably incredible live. You can tell there's energy in the band not being captured by the broadcast.
I spent the better part of the second half of last year hoping this tour would be the antidote for 2015's lackluster singles, and I have to say it exceeded all my expectations. I've re-watched it a couple of times now and I just keep liking it more each time. If there were any doubt that she's still got it - and I admit, I was beginning to doubt, just a little - this puts it to rest.

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
We usually say it's the mixing when we're disappointed with the quality of videos we watch. However, I think it starts before the mixing process. With how difficult it can be to hear Nagoshi, Ukigumo and at times HZM, there's gotta be something else wrong. It really sounds like their amps don't have proper mic setups. Like mics from across the stage are recording the sound rather than mics directly in front of the amps. : /
To me, Ringo was the one who seemed like she was getting lost in the mix. Although maybe everyone was, and Ringo is just the one I was paying most attention to.

Maybe the TV guys brought their own mics rather than patching into the main sound board? I mean, that seems really redundant, but maybe there's some technical reason for it? Or maybe for broadcast they applied some dynamic range compression to it?