View Single Post
Old 2010.05.08, 05:11 AM   #93
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts
Default anata no heya no rusubandenwa ga, chikagoro mame ni hataraiteiru no ~

^ I see what you did there . Are there any particular latin tracks you'd compare Morphine to?

Actually, as a 90s dance music guy it's the "no no shiru nanji" koto break of Tsumiki that always captivated me. It sounds really current, like they'd switched production duties over to Kidkanevil for a few seconds. Part of the shock of Ringo's old material is how densely musically interesting the tracks are second by second and you can point to the rhythm / stylistic switch-ups in Tsumiki Asobi and Keikoku etc as much as the reputedly more "complex" tracks on SS or KZK. For me it was difficult to go back to normal music afterwards, like developing ADD. =/

Two more things: Susumu Nishikawa is officially some kind of god. There was a YouTube of Shiina Ringo's guitarists I saw once and I had this real, "that's the guy" moment when he came on, and a genuine sense of loss that the much more mainstream sounding Ukigumo, last on the clip, ends up succeeding him. The other is that noone else writes melodies that do what the prechorus to Keikoku does. It's ace.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote