View Single Post
Old 2014.11.09, 05:40 PM   #353
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I guess the main problem I have with it is that the album doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of her albums.

Looking at main solo albums:
MM, SS, KZK and SG.

ALL of these represent a leap or change. Whether you were on board or not, all of them made a a difference and a very strong, unforgetable addition to the catalog.

What does Sunny offer then?

Certainly nothing new. You can pick and compare each and every song on this to something else thats on another one of those 4 albums.

It doesn't mean that Sunny is awful. But for me as a hardcore fan, I feel truly let down for the first time. I know others felt that with Variety, but at least that still sounds like no other release up until that point. SG had it's share of detractors but at least SG was focussed and knew what it was.

Sunny is a collection of songs and how I wish it was labelled as that. Calling it her 5th album is quite brutal to me because it ruins the awesome streak she was on under official studio albums (in my opinion of course). Sure, it offers a pretty decent EP when you focus on the new tracks only, but is it worthy of being lumped with MM, SS, KZK or SG? No way.

Sunny will be forgotten within a year when whatever else comes out by Ringo.

And that's why I'm butthurt.