View Single Post
Old 2018.10.02, 03:02 PM   #30
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
I still hope she is working in a whole new direction for her music, but because she needs money and time for her kids it's taking her too much time to finish conceptualizing it. That would be an explanation of why she puts almost no effort in her latest releases and at the same time she keeps on going.
I hope it's something like that too...but as you say, the chances aren't too great.

I'm also still holding out a little bit of hope that she'll get back to normal when she gets done with her Universal contract. She's been with them for over 5 years (since they bought EMI). The decline in the quality of her work seemed to occur within about a year after that, so maybe she just hates her boss? She can't have much longer to go with them though.

Wishful conspiracy theory: She has no creative control anymore and is being held hostage by her label to continue churning out mediocre jazz-pop show tunes that they can market to a variety of other soulless enterprises. This is why she doesn't give a fuck anymore and why she looks so dejected so much of the time.