View Single Post
Old 2014.05.26, 07:44 AM   #247
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Damnit! I was just about to post that!
Here is what I can say for 100% certainty
Overall the show was very jazzy but especially accordion-y. Midorin seemed like he was having a blast, for the first half he had a huge grin on his face and kept mouthing along to the lyrics. Him and Shiina kept looking back at eachother.
I bought only the card set because the shirts I liked had sold out of my size. Show started half an hour late because it took so freaking long for people to get into their seats. Serves you right for your draconian security. Though Ringo said she felt really bad about it starting late.
Before getting in line I accidentally wandered into the staff only area OOPS. But used my “stupid foreigner” card to get away. But I did hear Watashi no Aisuru Hito being rehearsed, and a little bit of Traveling. But I figured it might be have been the radio or background music in the hall because why would Ringo play Traveling?
Shiina continues her control freak-ness by making everyone except Midorin wear matching glasses and haircuts.
Everyone was on point, but the accordionist was definitely the most prominent (besides Midorin). It’s amazing how versatile it sounded, basically filling in for a guitar, horns, etc.
Setlist (some mistakes)
1. Poltergeist (opening number, started very spare with just accordion, then full band joined in)
2. Bokoku Josho (was FANTASTIC. I loved it so much)
3. Cappucino
3. Superficial Gossip (I completely forgot about this song so it took me a while to recognize it)
4. Roudousha
5. Kenka Jouto (lights went all seizure style during this one)
6. Amagasa (first half in Japanese, second in English, really really great)
7. Seishun no Matawaki (of course. Heavy use of backing track which I did not like)
8. Paisaje (I don't remember this eitehr)
9. Tengoku e Youkoso (In Japanese but arrangement was more “For the Tube” version)
10. Toroshikoshu Karou (Shiian played acoustic guitar for this. Arrangement was far more stripped back than Electirc Mole)
11. Shoujo Robot
12. Sounan (the accordion filling in for guitar was interesting)
13. Kinjereta Asobi
14. Aisakasa no Choshoku (FINALLY. Been waiting for her to perform this life in forever and it did not disappoint!)
15. Keshou Naoshi (the curtain opened behind her during this song I think,and it had this STUNNING view of Yokohama at night behind her. Just gorgeous)
16. Watashi no Aisuru Hito (as amazing live as I hoped it would be)
17. Traveling (Utada Hikaru cover, done all jazzed up. Shocked the hell out of all of us when she said this next song was by her friend “Hikaru-chan”.)
18. Shouen no Onna (utterly fantastic, maybe one of my favorite numbers of the night)
19. Nippon B-Side
20. Konya wa Kara Sawagi (last song! Everyone got riled up)

Songs not in that setlist:
At some point the band played Rahpsody in blue while Ringo did her costume change

Costumes:
Started out in a surf green-ish Qipao-ish tight dress
Costume change to a vamp-y scarlet red dress
Scarlet dress pulled away to reveal a demure frilly white top and a glow in the dark green pencil skirt
Encore changed shirt to the striped concert T-shirt
Hair was black, long in a ponytail

After the show a guy came on stage and had us cheer for NIPPON. Apparently it is going to be used in the NIPPON music video. If you bought one of the blue NIPPON shirts they asked you to stay a little later to film another part of the PV.

EDIT: @ Nariyama
AAAHH You were there!? I wish I had said something earlier we could have met up or something. We probably saw eachother but didn't recognize haha

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2014.05.26 at 07:47 AM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote