View Single Post
Old 2007.04.17, 07:46 PM   #84
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Really? Then why did she write 10 out of 12 tracks on the album? And that also means that HZM and Hirama had more to contribute to TJ than Izawa (who reused his old song as the piano solo on JCHI Honnou) and Ukigumo (who reused the jazz a go go guitar riff in Kenka Joutou, though you can argue that it's SR herself that is reusing it here, since she sings it out as well), right?

On another note: One of the reviewers I translated before mentioned that Adult is not a "genre" album. In other words, Adult is a "pop" album. And that doesn't usually connote good things unless we're back in the 1990s when they actually had decent stuff playing in the top20s.
...Ok you got me , I don't wanna go looking for quotes in the old forum (I don't even know where the old forum is...). But using one's own materials doesn't really indicates one's contribution/influence to a band; surely SR doesn't and can't control every note of every instrutment in any given songs. When she writes a song, will she tell Hirama to do a legato run note-for-note in a solo (SR shredding...?)?
Its about how much decesion making power a band member have at the end of the day to decide what a song will sound like, and I'd say SR has less power in Kyoiku compared to Adult.
I know nothing about piano so I can't say much about HZM, but don't you feel there's a more Hirama's main-stream/hard rock sound than's Shiina's alternative/grunge rock sound in the Kyoiku-era TJ?

Ukigumo rawking?