View Single Post
Old 2012.04.24, 07:30 PM   #87
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

It's interesting that the more positive comments being made are from older fans... ones not known for liking Tokyo Jihen as much. Not just here, by my other usual haunts too (jps, last.fm, msn friends etc). My sneaking suspicion that a new (nu? :-p) breed of haters has appeared may be more valid than just being a thought of mine- I speak of course of the people who are bitter about Tokyo Jihen disbanding. Could this be a sign that Ringo is slowly returning to the sound of yore? Or is it the general rejoice of the TJ-"haters" who are being blind-sighted? Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Now, I in no way think that this new single is a great song. Nor do I feel it bad enough to be calling it her worst song ever. I would hope that this song is going to be a digital song and never be heard of again on a studio release, but after the pattern of recent years- I guess it may appear in a different form alongside Carnation if it indeed does have to be on the next LP.

This is a very interesting period for Ringo. Whether she chooses to go full out jpop/rock is yet to be seen. Either way, whatever she does, it will no doubt be divisive/won't please everyone. It would be nice if it did- but face it, it's not gonna happen. But I'm cool with that. (I have questions floating around like Would people love if she did pure rock? OR Would she be seen as a cop-out if she did go back to rockin'? etc). I'm looking forward to the ride.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.04.24 at 07:54 PM.