View Single Post
Old 2013.12.19, 05:39 AM   #1
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer
Default The long overdue Seiko Oomori thread

Ok, because Seiko Oomori is a very heavily talked about individual here on EMF, I decided that it really was time to create a thread for her.

Anyway, my final verdict/score on Zettai Shoujo:

8.5/10.

While I don't think its as well crafted/has quite the same flow as Mahou, it still has a lot of great parts. It also has it fair share of JAW DROPPING moments too. I've described it to a few people already but I think the best way to put it:

An album that holds your hands for the first few tracks, giving you a false sense of comfort and security, only to suddenly dump your ass right in the shark infested deep end. This album knows when to bite. And damn, does it bite hard when it wants to.

Initial spins will leave you dizzy. Perhaps even reeling. But you will come back for more. Like Mahou, it's gonna take more than one go to fully appreciate. And like Mahou, the more time you put in, the more it gives back.

Track highlights: The new "NOISE" version of Over the Party, the Beatles tinged "少女3号", the truly gorgeous and genuinely gentle "Hayatochiri" and the absolutely intense "展覧会の絵", with its amazing Sax solo that would easily fit on a Otome Yoshihide record. The first two tracks are gonna be the most popular with the pop fans, and with good reason, but I think the ones that will last the longest are everything else.

So, get listening, I wanna hear your opinions (after a few spins).

Oh and in other Oomori news:

Yesterday the tribute album to the band Carnation was released, featuring Oomori's cover of their song End of Summer. I haven't heard the song in full yet but the previews sound gorgeous!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.12.19 at 05:44 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote