View Single Post
Old 2015.12.12, 07:43 PM   #39
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

DG, I really just don't find anything remotely interesting or alluring in how Seiko sings. It's really just uncontrolled wailing. To me, a well-crafted pop song like Nagaku mijikai matsuri is just so much more enjoyable to listen to -- but good luck to me trying to convince you of that, I guess.

In contrast the new Zombie song is good, because she's using her voice in a way that makes the song listenable. I don't need all the music I listen to to feature good vocalists, but there's a fine line between interesting voices that make for good music, and just plain unlistenable.

To add on, I think at the very least SR, Tori Amos and Joanna Newsom are in a whole different league of their own in terms of vocal ability. I think Jun Togawa can sing but I don't like her music so that's inconsequential. I'll give Seiko the benefit of the doubt, that she 'can sing' if she wants to, but maybe then she should start singing properly?

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2015.12.12 at 07:47 PM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote