Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.22, 05:13 AM   #71
CARMEN

CARMEN pleased at least somebody

The hair looks like Utada, the face looks like Rie. Weirddddddd. o__O

Oh and er, I didn't know Utada was as close to her? She and Rie, on the other hand, seemed like really close friends.
CARMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.22, 03:14 PM   #72
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Okay, I'll take your guys' word for it. >_< (I'd still like to see proof, though! @_.@)
Old 2007.10.24, 12:20 AM   #73
Izam

Izam pleased at least somebody

Uh, I'm 100% sure that is Rie. That is not Utada Hikaru. Rie has a round tip nose and she is widening her eyes in that photo to look up obviously. Utada Hikaru looks nothing like that.
Izam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.30, 02:18 AM   #74
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

yeah, it's 100% ringo and rie.
Ringo's wearing just that very same blue contacts in both the inside of the CD's cover and in that pic with rie and her.
also her hair looks the same and everything else, as well... come on... XD
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.31, 06:21 PM   #75
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ finally, a verdict! I did also think it looked like Utada when it was mentioned, though....
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.20, 04:39 PM   #76
ecogazoo

ecogazoo is headed in the right direction

I just received my used copy in excellent condition using an Amazon 3rd party seller, but I have a question before I leave feedback. I hope someone can help.

My copy does not have the packaging which was advertised, which also matched the packaging I have seen in this thread. Instead, this copy has a jewel-case-sized photo of Rie looking into the bag with colored "bubbles" floating out of the bag. The lyrics are printed inside, the CD is entitled "TR/SR/22060 Tomosaka Rie Syoujyo Robot", the words "Made in Japan" appear on the product, and there's also a small photo of Rie (I believe) squatting in some tall grass. The jewel case seems to be full, I can't imagine anything else fitting inside.

My question is/are: Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is this a re-issue or something? I just want to know if I have something different or if I need to take a pic for further inspection? Thanks!
ecogazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.20, 05:00 PM   #77
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It sounds like you bought second-press, and I think zarya ended up with the same thing through the same website. I don't personally own a second-press copy (yet), but I've seen it on Yahoo! Japan Auctions at least a hundred times right alongside the first pressing which is about equally common there.

First-pressing has no jewelcase. The only plastic component of it is the area where the CD snaps onto, and the rest is cardboard. It's basically a digipack where the slipcase/jacket is the only enclosure rather than another layer (like with many of the first-press DVDs which have a complete jewelcase with an outer cardboard slipcase).

But what you got is still totally legit and has more collector credibility than a Taiwan/HongKong release, and probably fits in better with Shiina Ringo's own singles on your shelf, because none of Shiina Ringo's CDs in her own name are digipack. Sweets for my SPITZ is the only other CD with a first-pressing digipack, and all later copies of that are jewelcase just like Shoujo Robot (except Shoujo Robot still takes more thought to track down and buy).

If you're a lossless enthusiast, second-press is still definitely worth buying. If they ever had to 'remaster' this like MoRA, there wouldn't be anywhere near as much to fix as Shouso Strip. This is a very undervalued single on Yahoo Japan Auctions. I keep seeing the same copies getting relisted at 500-1500yen for seasons at a time, without any bids.
Old 2009.02.20, 05:04 PM   #78
ecogazoo

ecogazoo is headed in the right direction

Good enough for me, thanks Glathannus!
ecogazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.22, 02:32 PM   #79
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I just checked out the Japanese wiki article for this single, and it had furigana for track 3: 日本(にっぽん)に生まれて. So turns out it's "Nippon ni Umarete," not "Nihon." Please fix your tags!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.22, 04:04 PM   #80
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Fix the tags? What do you mean?
Isn't Nihon as correct as Nippon? You know, there was some discussion going on in another thread about romanization and we concluded everything's fine. So I'll tag it as Nihon, you'll tag it as Nippon, someone else will tag it as Neehon and the world is still fine. Romanization sucks.

I actually tag it as 日本に生まれて.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote