Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.01.14, 02:05 AM   #111
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
I found an interview about Senkou Shoujo on youtube
Kameda said about Senkou Shoujo:

In chilly winter day, a middle school or 6th grade girl
wearing hooded down jacket was walking. Seeing her innocent look
in the hood, he was anxious about her future. Imaging it made him
throbbing, then wanted to make it as a song.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 02:56 AM   #112
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

so kameda always have this kind of thoughs when he writes a song?
that would explain why his songs are so poppy

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.26, 07:21 PM   #113
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Late to the party

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
You'll probably have to sacrifice Hedo, Tsuchiya and Fluffie to the rock gods for that to happen. I don't think they'll go down without a fight.
Ohh, thats why Maou is da mang. =D Cept save Fluffie, send a few of the "Super-Friends" instead for filler.

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe
In chilly winter day, a middle school or 6th grade girl
wearing hooded down jacket was walking. Seeing her innocent look
in the hood, he was anxious about her future. Imaging it made him
throbbing, then wanted to make it as a song.
If there was ever a more apt time for .....

Anyway, the song. At the risk of me becoming unpopular with my friends, i dont think this song is "shit" as some have painted it. I think its a solid song. Its Kameda, its pop-rock, and i think Kameda knows how to make a song that isn't shit (save his deformation of Toumei Ningen.)
Howevva the most INTRIGUING sentiments posted have been, "its not Shiina grade." And you guys are right. It doesn't sound like anything Shiina would produce.....but then some have deluded themselves into thinking Botoumin/SSAW/Kronekodo are songs Shiina would produce. Shiina is not normally so overt in her pop. Gunjo was pretty pop, but there was a certain edge administered to it (as Justin pointed out)

Now, addressing the other idea in there of Shiina quality. What I find most interesting is that I'm sure there was a time this song would have been a slap in the face. But perhaps my expectations of "Shiina quality" has dropped so drastically that this is not only acceptable, but defendable.

Lately "Shiina quality" has included songs that I question can even be conceived as "musical in nature." This, song at least, has a generic pop-rock quality going for it, and can be heard and not feel embarrassed for the artist. Which is more than at least half of Variety can say/
Old 2008.01.27, 01:52 AM   #114
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

um gunjo biyori was written by H Zett M

and everytime someone mentions "shiina quality" I laugh to myself. What is Shiina quality?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.27, 04:06 AM   #115
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
What is Shiina quality?
dunno but listening SS and KSK I perfectly understand what it is

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.27, 07:57 AM   #116
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Late to the party

Ohh, thats why Maou is da mang. =D Cept save Fluffie, send a few of the "Super-Friends" instead for filler.

Anyway, the song. At the risk of me becoming unpopular with my friends, i dont think this song is "shit" as some have painted it. I think its a solid song. Its Kameda, its pop-rock, and i think Kameda knows how to make a song that isn't shit (save his deformation of Toumei Ningen.)
Howevva the most INTRIGUING sentiments posted have been, "its not Shiina grade." And you guys are right. It doesn't sound like anything Shiina would produce.....but then some have deluded themselves into thinking Botoumin/SSAW/Kronekodo are songs Shiina would produce. Shiina is not normally so overt in her pop. Gunjo was pretty pop, but there was a certain edge administered to it (as Justin pointed out)
I don't remember if I had replied to Maou's quote, but I wanted to ask: why is it that if we like Variety we can't possibly like rock?? Last time I checked, I didn't join this forum after Variety was released. I also don't remember Uki and Izawa being the composers for the band before Variety and the band only making "pop" music.

Also, everyone knows ""its not Shiina grade" because she didn't write it so how could it be up to her standards? I'm also curious about this tidbit:

"but then some have deluded themselves into thinking Botoumin/SSAW/Kronekodo are songs Shiina would produce"

Where did you get that idea?

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2008.01.27 at 08:08 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.27, 01:41 PM   #117
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Tegami, Gunjo, Superstar weren't written by Shiina, yet were "Shiina quality"
Old 2008.01.27, 03:30 PM   #118
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I like how you completely avoided my other question.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.27, 04:23 PM   #119
Tokyo Jihad

There are people that think the trinity of suck on Variety are actually good...*shrug*
Its not like you don't know what I think about the album and those 3 songs hedo.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.01.27 at 05:01 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.27, 04:35 PM   #120
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Ugh. I'm with Jihad on this Botoumin/SSAW issue. These songs are just awful to me. I actually like Kronekodow, because I've always been partial to circus/dance of the seven gypsies music.
Cosmo! is offline   Reply With Quote