Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.08.11, 01:41 AM   #151
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
well, there's a reason Disney doesn't hand draw their cartoons anymore...
Woah, woah, woah! Are you suggesting that the current CG trend is BETTER than the days of hand drawn animation?

Wow

I think it's time to give this forum a break!
Old 2009.08.11, 05:35 AM   #152
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I really like it. I didn't know she could dance that well!

I can't imagine Irokoizata having an interesting PV, though. Why on earth did they choose this song?!
Old 2009.08.11, 05:40 AM   #153
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

oh...excuse me for dragging the whole forum down....cuz you know...its all about her body. boobs boobs boobs vagina.
Old 2009.08.11, 07:48 AM   #154
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
I really like it. I didn't know she could dance that well!
Same!

I can't imagine Irokoizata having an interesting PV, though. Why on earth did they choose this song?!
What's funny is that according to the fan club interview that kuro neko posted, the Irokoizata shows the 'cool Ringo.' I'm actually glad that they chose the song, because it's one of the weaker ones and having a PV for it could enhance it (I still won't listen to it, but still)
Old 2009.08.11, 08:34 AM   #155
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

it actually shows the "bold" ringo... isn't it??

cool was for vogue

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.08.11, 08:54 AM   #156
Scribble R

Oh yeah.

I still can't see it!
Old 2009.08.11, 09:23 AM   #157
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
All the old core members here are dead along with Shiina's desire to be something 'more.' The community now is those last 20 posts of "OMG best video ever" brand vapid.
Become something "more"? Just as much as most members here, I miss the MM/SS Ringo, but you have to wonder exactly what made that Ringo who she was as the as opposed to what makes her who she is now. Composition-wise, she's put out consistently great works since before her debut. Everything else aside from that has changed - her image, her voice, her arrangements... Still, the heart of every Ringo work is the same - the romance, the anger, the sadness, the perfectionism, the idealism. Sure, she's shown a lot of restraint in recent years, and I'd like to see that change. But I think deep down, she's not changed much. The drag queen pictures testify to this...
People are saying "OMG best video ever" because the video shows a less self-conscious side of Ringo we've not really seen before (or at least in many years). There's a growing consensus that Ringo is getting back on track and we're all happy for her. We don't need to be so immediately critical.
Old 2009.08.11, 10:36 AM   #158
Scribble R

Shiina should just do what she wants, instead of aspiring TO BE THE NEXT DAVID BOWIE or whoever. That's the kind of juvenile aspiration that a starry-eyed teenager would have. There's a thing called real life, people.

I don't really understand you, Jihad. You said that Shiina's desire to be something 'more' is dead. But you've also said that you would prefer it if Shiina was following the Oasis route, meaning that she made music that doesn't and cannot touch her first few albums, but is at least consistent with her older work.

If that happened, Shiina's desire to be more would DEFINITELY be dead, as it would mean that she's just a one-trick pony who can't even do what she's good at anymore.

Really, what is so wrong with this video? She was like this even in the early days, with Tsumiki Asobi video, the Identity video, the Kurumaya-san video, that horrendous Dynamite video, which was created during the era where Shiina did her best rock performance.

SO THERE
Old 2009.08.11, 10:47 AM   #159
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

this is some great hullabaloo

I enjoyed the video greatly, its fun to enjoy the small tidbit of her past by adding in the ballet. I think the video in itself is more like an extreme.
While watching it I just thought "well , this is sooo different" And although some small part of me wants to not like it , it is soo entertaining , and sizzles the mind for what its worth. I like how the video itself shows that she is having fun , and shes still got her stuff.

I also don't mind the over the top antics of the video , it has such a classic taste , that most can enjoy and I suppose she is going for something anyone can enjoy and listen to, Either way no reason to get grumpy about it y'all,

you know you all listen to it anyway >.<
Old 2009.08.11, 10:51 AM   #160
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
There's a thing called real life, people.
Surely not. She's there solely to do what I personally expect from her. (I'm joking)

But seriously man, that video is a horror! dancing about with some cartoons like it's a Disney film.

I just don't ever want to see that. (again)
Closed Thread