Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.09.30, 09:38 AM   #171
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

You should have watched the leak Choobies! now the hypes away and no one cares nah seriously I'm still loving it but, well... I've calmed down now.
but you can restart the hype with your views on the show!!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 12:49 PM   #172
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I reviewed it, but by then all the hype and hoopla was over.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.30, 08:18 PM   #173
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I finally got my DVD.
I must be the last person here who got it.
Old 2008.10.01, 12:58 AM   #174
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I finally got my DVD.
First and last are always the most remarkable!
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 04:18 AM   #175
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I don't mean that the "counter-haters" end up agreeing with the "haters", but at the very least if the "counter-haters" really knew where most of the "haters" stood, there wouldn't be so much "counter-hating" bottled up in the first place.
I'd love to know where the haters stand. I've had conversations with Jihen and the only constructive I got is that the order of the songs suck. And I also told him that I thought some b-sides were stronger than some album songs and that it was quite a problem. That's all nice, but that's not what we say on the forum. What is said over and over again are things like " ihihi, this thing we're talking about isn't as bad as shitty variety ohoho ". And the subject could be something as stupid as like some new brand of crackers.

I'm not really a fan of Variety by the way, but the whole kid play about it is quite annoying.

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo
Rather than just get angry about it Yahiko just copy/paste a compelling argument from a Variety fans perspective!! repeat that to fade and you can balance out the love/hate divide!
I don't understand why any human would like to argument against " lol this sucks " and random insults to something. I'm sure Yahiko would have good fan perspective argument. But he's replying to people who aren't giving arguments, just dissing.

edit: I know this post isn't revelant to the thread, so feel free to move it / make a thread about it etc.. I don't really think the whole thing should be here but I don't know what moderators think of it either.

Last edited by Captain_Harlock : 2008.10.01 at 04:19 AM. Reason: post irrevelant to the thread.
Captain_Harlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.01, 09:39 PM   #176
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I actually like the b-sides better than the a-sides for the non-single album tracks. but I think they made a smart choice having them as b-sides, mainly being they are stronger than most of the album tracks and thus would make the album feel very uneven. the album as a whole is very ecclectic but manages to fit together well more or less, maybe the order could be moved around but as a whole most of the songs feer on par with each other. Songs like Pinocchio, Kaban no Nakami, even BB Queen and Karada, simply don't jive with the album in my view.

my only real problem with Variety is that it is lacking energy. I don't like some of the tones coming from some instruments. I liked the direction from Kyouiku to Adult but Adult to Variety was a bit meh. I mean I like the band members but Kameda was responsible for most of the way Adult turned out, despite being mostly Ringo's music, and Variety was Ukigumo and Izawa, so I'm holding out hopes that for the next one its more balanced, iie lets see if Ringo takes control again or if everyone actually learns how to jive all together, kind of a mishmash of everything.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.03, 11:43 PM   #177
entrydenied

entrydenied pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I finally got my DVD.
I don't have it yet Ordering it with the DVD Mora box from HMV to get their DVD discount
entrydenied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.04, 01:27 AM   #178
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Nice plan. As awesome as Zazen is, you can wait for it. It will bring even more joy when you finally open up that box.

I'd also like to say that Yayoshi was fantastic on this DVD. Every single non-tone complaint I had about him from GX was gone. I still hate Les Paul -> Marshall tone (that's almost everybody with that setup), but he used the superior Jazzmaster in more songs this time. He should've used it for the entire performance.
Old 2008.10.04, 04:13 AM   #179
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Minagawa Makoto did an excellent job in supporting Ringo's vocal
He is (or he was) by far the best in the biography of Shiina Ringo, excluded the Bunny Army.

Better than Izawa in being a pianist as well
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.04, 08:30 AM   #180
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I agree that Minagawa Makoto really made the difference in this concert!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote