Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.08.07, 05:35 PM   #221
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

BioShock looks astounding. Game of the year fo' sho'.

Edit: w00t. Looks like it's going to live up to the hype too! Excerpts from early reviews:

OXM UK - 10
Alternative Press - 10
Game Informer - 10
PC Gamer UK - 95% (Highest rating EVER alongside Half-Life 2)
Gamers (magazine): 9.8
Xbox World - 9.4

"A Perfect Score: That's what BioShock deserves as it is one of the most original, haunting and memorable shooters to come along since Half Life. Not only the first game in a long while to actually live up to it's hype; it surpasses it"
-AP

"This is the really bewildering thing about it: it succeeds so stunningly on three different fronts. Not esoteric ones, either, these are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades: narrative, emergence, a sense of place. If another game did just one of these as well as BioShock, it would immediately qualify as a classic. When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful.

I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. BioShock has five."
-PCG UK

"BioShock is a novel compressed into a first-person shooter"
-OXM UK

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.08.07 at 05:59 PM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.07, 05:55 PM   #222
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm most intrigued by Portal.
Anyone here with a Steam account should go download the trailer in 720p.

Speaking of Steam, I'm on the fence about whether or not I should purchase the Super Pack for id Software's practically complete back catalogue.
Old 2007.08.07, 05:57 PM   #223
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yes, Portal looks fantastic. I'll be getting is as part of the Half-Life 2: Orange Box for the 360 which consists of Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 for the price of 1 game! I've played through Half-Life 2, but not episode one so I'll be going through from the start. I'm sure I read somewhere that Portal has almost 50 hours of puzzles
Old 2007.08.08, 01:34 AM   #224
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Portal looks interesting, but I'm not really waiting for it.

Too bad that I can't play Bioshock, since I don't have a XBox360. I will buy one, but I will wait until the 60nm chip is out. Then I should have the money for it.

But what I'm really looking forward to is Super Mario Galaxy. This game will be breathtaking.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.08, 09:30 PM   #225
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

With square flip-flopping, I don't know if I should get the ps3 or 360 @___@.

But mario galaxy does look cool. I'm looking forward to smash brothers brawl. THAT game will be breathtaking.

RE5 also looks amazing but I hope it doesn't get banned or anything for killing masses of black people in it. I predicted that people would complain about it and the other day my friend pointed me to an article written for some black website that already had objections to the game. No one said anything when Leon was smoking Hispanics in RE4. ITS JUST A GAME.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.09, 04:39 AM   #226
Inaudible-Whisper

Yeah, the Resident Evil issue is dumb. There are quite a few black people on YouTube stating how dumb it is and saying people that are complaining are more racist for making issues out of nothing.

Square-Enix is the only reason I'm contemplating getting a PS3 at some point (Like in 2009). But there are a good few decent RPG's coming to the 360. The father of Final Fantasy, creating them all between I and IX has set his own 360 exclusive studio up, Mistwalker, who are working on two JRPG's, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and Square-Enix themselves are currently working on a 360 RPG, The Last Remnant; a new franchise. I'm sure that, along with all the other awesome exclusives can tie me over until the PS3 is a reasonable price. Likely Christmas 2009.
Old 2007.08.09, 05:23 AM   #227
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Yeah, the Resident Evil issue is dumb. There are quite a few black people on YouTube stating how dumb it is and saying people that are complaining are more racist for making issues out of nothing.

Square-Enix is the only reason I'm contemplating getting a PS3 at some point (Like in 2009). But there are a good few decent RPG's coming to the 360. The father of Final Fantasy, creating them all between I and IX has set his own 360 exclusive studio up, Mistwalker, who are working on two JRPG's, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and Square-Enix themselves are currently working on a 360 RPG, The Last Remnant; a new franchise. I'm sure that, along with all the other awesome exclusives can tie me over until the PS3 is a reasonable price. Likely Christmas 2009.
Yea, if people stopped bringing race into everything, it would be less and less of an issue.

As for Mistwalker, Blue Dragon looks amazing but I'm not so intrigued with the gameplay. Final Fantasy X and X-2 really had what I think is the best turn-based combat system where it almost seemed like there were no turns at times, but Mistwalker's two games seem to be very traditional in the way the combat system works. Especially in lost odyssey, it looked pretty slow for just allowing you to control one guy.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.09, 06:25 AM   #228
Inaudible-Whisper

Yes, having played the Blue Dragon demo the battles are a bit slow but fun nonetheless. The graphics are amazing though. It almost looks pixar quality. Eternal Sonata, another JRPG for the 360 had a very nice battle system on it's demo. It's half real-time, half turn based and it's quite quick and tactical. Your magic and abilities change when you move from the sun to the shade so that was quite fun. I liked the FFX fight system. Quite liked the sphere grid too.
Old 2007.08.13, 01:29 PM   #229
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I just bought The Lord Of The Rings Online. Too bad that I have no clue of MMORPG language

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.15, 06:31 PM   #230
redstuff

redstuff pleased at least somebody

So is anyone buying Persona 3? I was a bit hesitant on getting it at first but decided to order it after all. I'm not big into games w/large time committments like I used to be (supposedly it's 70-80 hours o_O) but the mix of school sim stuff and dungeon crawling sounds interesting. The first press comes with a free soundtrack and art book too.
redstuff is offline   Reply With Quote