Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.29, 07:11 PM   #261
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

I really love it when she lifts that left leg. <3
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 12:31 AM   #262
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Even if you're comparing this song with MM tracks, that's still quite a controversial opinion

The only thing that drags Superficial Gossip down is the chorus. I don't agree with the people who are saying that it's busy in a bad way because I think it works. The song sounds REALLY urgent and rushed (In an interesting sense). There are so many great bits in the song, it's just that BLOODY CHORUS.

Ringo's voice sounds bad in that live performance.

yeah actually i agree with you there but maybe your ahead of me with this SG song cause I didn't know there was a live performance.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 04:10 AM   #263
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
yeah actually i agree with you there but maybe your ahead of me with this SG song cause I didn't know there was a live performance.
Sorry, I was talking about that Ariamaru Tomi live performance posted a few pages back.

This single is a great single. I hope people are regretting that they voted it off so early in the hurt/heal game!
Both songs prove that Ringo's still got it. There's no two ways about it. Both songs are so much better than ANY Phase 2 song it's unreal, and are quite different to the Phase 1 stuff. It's obvious that Shiina Ringo was consciously trying to avoid the sound of her solo work.

The only problem here is that if she sounds too much like old Ringo here, it's quite possible that she'll start sounding like a poor imitator of her old self. You can argue that's the case with AT sounding like a MM song an SG sounding like a KZK song, but I personally don't think it's like that. And with all the disillusioned fans here, I expect that people will still be skeptical even if the song is clearly up to her old work, and hold all her old stuff on a pedestal.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.05.30 at 05:05 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 05:11 AM   #264
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Jeez, the single is now at #5 on Oricon T_T. Where can we know how much is selling it?
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 05:24 AM   #265
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It says 22107 though I dunno if that's today only or total?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 05:39 AM   #266
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
It says 22107 though I dunno if that's today only or total?
That value is for 真野恵里菜's (Erina Mano) single and it's the weekly ranking page, so that's the total for that specific week. Ringo won't show on that weekly ranking because the single has not been released for more than a week and also because the lists in Oricon are not updated on a daily-basis. They'll probably update it by tuesday (I think).
As for the Daily Ranking, considering the 3rd spot is 3610, I'm guessing the 5th spot is around 2000ish. Btw, these numbers don't really mean the number of people that bought the CD, if I remember correctly. They are more like a porportion/percentage/estimate of the real numbers. There's a number you can multiply with that will give you a more real number... I think it's 1.5 or something (not sure).

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.05.30 at 05:42 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 05:41 AM   #267
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I could have swore I read the Tomi single next to that? ah well.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 08:22 AM   #268
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

According to the performance,
was the acoustic guitar live?
or was the music live?

?____?
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 09:09 AM   #269
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, we know for certain the singing was live. I think Ringo was actually playing her guitar though, and I think I could hear it quietly from the left. That may have just been my imagination though. I don't think the majority of the music was live though, because of two reasons:
1. It sounded too similar to the studio version.
2. Music Programs like MS usually don't have live music other than the singer. I think they think it's usually too risky to have a whole band play. It might harm the products they're pushing.
I remember Tokyo Jihen mocked Music Station's use of pre-recorded musical backing one time by playing very visibly off-key. I think it was for Sounan.
Entry№1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.30, 09:24 AM   #270
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
According to the performance,
was the acoustic guitar live?
or was the music live?
Live vocals only.