Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.05.18, 08:46 AM   #21
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Not really? Have you seen him during Sounan? He was crazy energetic during Sounan. Hata has always been Hata. I think the only difference is that maybe the beat was brought more forward in the songs since then, so he's more noticeable. But he's Hata. Subtle and un-energetic are two things he isn't.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 09:05 AM   #22
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

I was saying comparatively
Of course Hata had his moments (EM's Ishiki, Dynamite's Marusad, etc), but back to the time it's HZM and Hirama who often stole the spotlight. Hata became much more noticeable to me after Ukizawa have joined the band.

Last edited by ChickShhh : 2011.05.18 at 09:12 AM.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 09:21 AM   #23
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Oh, I get what you were saying. Yeah, I would definitely agree. HZM and Hirama seemed to overshadow the rest of the band sometimes with their energy.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 11:19 AM   #24
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
And people need to understand the fact that HZM and Hirama were simply better members of TJ.
Hey, have I ever said that Izawa is better than HZM? NO
Have I ever said Ukigumo is better than Hirama? NO
I said they're DIFFERENT.

I'll take the liberty to make TurtleFu's words mine:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
But being "better" doesn't discredit somebody else entirely.
Just because _ was BETTER doesn't mean ___ isn't GOOD. Maybe people need to understand THAT.
Got it??? And if you have a problem with me giving MY opinion (I thought I was here to do so) you can come and talk to me, instead of keep calling me "people" when YOU have a problem with what I think.
Old 2011.05.18, 03:24 PM   #25
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There's two kinds of fans in these debates. There's the ones who explore all the side-projects outside of Tokyo Jihen (Appa, Petrolz, PE'Z, the solo careers of Hirama and HZM), and there's the ones who say "That's YOUR opinion!".
Old 2011.05.18, 03:28 PM   #26
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

What happens if you think every side project is 'meh'. How do you decide then?

(This is not my opinion btw, just a scenario)
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 03:35 PM   #27
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Some of us think Tokyo Jihen is meh while the side projects of members currently in the band are awesome, and we'd really like to know who's responsible for the disparity.
Old 2011.05.18, 03:43 PM   #28
SoulExperience

SoulExperience is an asset to this community

I didn't like Hirama's side projects and I found him boring in the band.
I LOVE Petrolz and Ukigumo's works in the band. Quite a bit. I like how he brings some of his influence into the music.
I kind of like HZM's other works but...meh. I still liked him in the band quite a bit.
I'm not a fan of APPA. Just couldn't get into it. But I really like Izawa in the band, just as much as HZM.

So in any case, I'm a ukizawa fan over hirazett. That could be because of the time period I entered the band, I don't know.
SoulExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 04:15 PM   #29
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

And what if you well and truly don't give a shit?
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.18, 04:17 PM   #30
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Some of us think Tokyo Jihen is meh while the side projects of members currently in the band are awesome, and we'd really like to know who's responsible for the disparity.
Sticking with Kameda on this one for the reason I've already stated. Can't blame Hata since he's just a drummer and probably has little say in the music. He probably spends the least amount of time in the studio.