Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.10.25, 09:41 AM   #21
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
Why do people continue to make comments like this?
I'm not saying you are delusional Tsuchiya, you clearly have your well-defined reasons for liking Variety, even if I don't agree with them. We look for different things in music and Variety seems to satisfy your needs more than it satisfies mine. Trust me, I really don't want to hate SR/TJ but recent output has been so disappointing it leaves me with no other choice.

And to answer your question: Jihad's still busy dating.
Old 2007.10.25, 09:53 AM   #22
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I'm not saying you are delusional Tsuchiya, you clearly have your well-defined reasons for liking Variety, even if I don't agree with them. We look for different things in music and Variety seems to satisfy your needs more than it satisfies mine.
::internet hugz::

And to answer your question: Jihad's still busy dating.
Ah, so he was finally released into the world? Good to hear.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 01:04 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Looks like Akagaminosteven might be on his way to claiming one of the vacant spots in the Trio of Terror. Hate on when you don't like something, bro.

I myself love the song. It's true that SR doesn't sound her best, Hata is pretty much MIA and the solo is bad, but other things make up for it. The bass line is great and the guitar in the chorus sounds good.
Hata, MIA?? His drumming after Uki's solo is one of my favorite things about the song, I can't fathom why you would say this @_@.

So let's say you have this a kid who used to do really well in school, a well rounded individual with a bright future. Suddenly she starts hanging out with idiots, taking drugs, wasting her life. Are you still going to lavish praise on her ALL the time or are you going to do something to make her life go back on track again?

I really really liked SR. I never thought she could do any wrong and I wished she hadn't done anything that I would consider disgusting, but she really has and I can't be delusional about it unlike some people on EMF.

KT's not a bad song, but it's not godlike either. I'd say Tsumi to Batsu is more of a killer tune than KT is. If there's anything wrong with KT, I'd say it doesn't feel exuberant enough. Plus, the SR I remember would be the one dancing in the video instead of a whole bunch of office workers.
I thought Baboo was trying to say that you can criticize them but you don't have to be overtly harsh about it just to make a funny.

I have a confession: I am one of those delusional people. I've only played each track at least 30 times each on my computer, and probably twice that on my Zune, just because I am delusional and in love with Ringo that I will put myself through all that misery just for her. That way, I can prove to no one how much I love her.

When was Ringo ever a great dancer?? I probably have bad memory @_@. Refresh it, please, I'd like to see one of the videos where she pulls of moves like those office workers.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 02:32 PM   #24
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I remember her dancing in Yami ni Furu Ame, though it wasn't too complicated. The Dynamite video had some neat steps though.

But I think it would be really awkward if she danced in the Killer Tune video. It wouldn't fit with the song.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.25, 02:56 PM   #25
HEDOfloe

Yeah, I liked her dancing in the dynamite performances also but I don't think it is anything like what they do in KT.

But good point, it would probably look bad if she was dancing in KT because she leaves on a sort of sad note and then they come in with smiles on their faces and all that.
Old 2007.10.25, 03:03 PM   #26
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
Hata, MIA?? His drumming after Uki's solo is one of my favorite things about the song, I can't fathom why you would say this @_@.
I've listened to the album four times now and haven't once noticed Hata stand out. It's not just this song, it's the whole album. I guess that's what he gets for failing to write anything for the album.
Old 2007.10.25, 03:40 PM   #27
HEDOfloe

Well, I agree that he did not stand out so much in the album since I can't remember any other memorable parts, but I really really like his drumming after Uki's solo in Killer Tune. I guess the fact that he does not have any more memorable parts just shows how Uki and Izawa are not good enough composers to include him properly. I felt some of the songs seemed to lack something holding them together, which I guess is usually an awesome drum or bass, which I feel both OSCA and Killer Tune had (mainly bass).
Old 2007.10.25, 05:10 PM   #28
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
::internet hugz::
::hugz back from behind the confines of the KT jail::
Old 2007.10.25, 05:37 PM   #29
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hahahahha, that's soo cute!! XDD

Umm... I also wish Hata stood out more in the new album. T_T
Old 2007.10.25, 06:14 PM   #30
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

::hugz back from behind the confines of the KT jail::
And I'm the one scolded for my philandering ways?

Maybe Hata gets more exposure during the live performances?