Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.11.06, 03:20 AM   #291
merman

merman is an asset to this community

OMG! I guess we're going way off-topic now, but that's just fascinating. I don't know how many Tori fans are here, but you're the most obvious one - she's basically my favorite artist if I had to pick one - and even with the same heritage
Well if you plan on visiting, I'll be glad to show you around

On topic, I'm not buying either box XD I'd grab the SS vinyl if I had the money, which I don't. (PJ Harvey's Rid of Me heavy vinyl reissue from this summer passed me because of the same reason, but those are more likely to circulate than MM/SS)
Old 2008.11.06, 12:01 PM   #292
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, Tori goes in my top spot as well. I have all her major releases, except the recent stuff (comic book tattoo and live at the montreaux). I'm pretty obvious about my fandom, haha. I have seen her in concert maybe 6 or 7 times and had the opportunity to talk with her twice, she even played me a song (total eclipse of the heart!) XD.

yeah, I can't speak the language, so if I show up in Bratislava you will have to help me out. You can teach me over the internet, XD.

back on topic: I won't be getting either of these releases either. I've been feeling the recent economic strain and considering I own everything in these, minus the "remaster" (I bet it will be hardly noticeable) and the packaging, plus there are two releases next week, Shigi's Kyoumei and Dir en Grey's Uroboros (plus their live here in Boston that I'm lucky to be home to catch while visiting), plus Monobright's last CD/DVD single. WHY MUSIC, WHY!?
Old 2008.11.09, 08:42 PM   #293
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

CD box is sold-out at CD Japan now. They still have the DVD box, and Amazon still claims to have both.
Old 2008.11.10, 09:38 AM   #294
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm surprised they actually sold out, considering that the only new thing in the package is a booklet. (+ a poster)

Q: Does Ringo~Bingo regret not ordering them now ?
A: Not even slightly
Old 2008.11.10, 12:07 PM   #295
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

The collector in me cannot bear to not own something released by Ringo! Especially a limited item that's being sold out before its release date!!

Still, I'm letting the DVD box go... hopefully it will still be available when I have more money. And I sure hope YesAsia won't screw me over with the CD Box... But my order was placed long before the box was sold out at the other stores, so I feel safe.
Old 2008.11.10, 12:13 PM   #296
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
The collector in me cannot bear to not own something released by Ringo!
Get back to me after you win the lottery.
Old 2008.11.10, 12:34 PM   #297
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I used to be pretty tough as a collector of Dreamcast games and consoles, I had damn near every game in U.K/U.S/JP format and all the limited editions I could find! I spent over £200 for an Evangelion game just because it had a little NERV mouse & mousemat!! after a while though I came to my senses and now when it comes to collecting I'll only buy what I consider valuable to me rather than just have the old 'collect everything' mentality, so I can miss these releases without any lost sleep, you should think carefully before you spend any money on something like this.

I'm still overwhelmed with tons of Dreamcast crap all over the house.
Old 2008.11.10, 01:22 PM   #298
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I really doubt this release is going to have much value in the end of the day once it's all sold out. There's not gonna be any neat intrigue or mystique or significance in owning it beyond "well, i got one." This isn't like that Koufukuron tape that Glath was trying to secure back in the day (which he technically did,) or Zazen merch from the show.

I think they are much better off printing out a boat load of the CD box at least for new fans. Or at least a longer limited run. THAT's where the value in this box is, or should be. People that don't have these CDs and wanna take out 4 birds with one stone. Not for the horde who owns everything anyway and make them jump buy making a limited run.
Old 2008.11.10, 04:02 PM   #299
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Ok, well, I'm not going for every single SR/TJ items out there, because I haven't won the lottery and I'm still in school, but I don't want to miss out on a limited release. Last time I did that was with Daiginjou and I regretted it and ended up buying it a few days after the members' reviews were posted here.
I'm giving up the LPs because I have given up on them until I get a turntable, which is certainly not in my priorities. I'll get a nice Japanese karaoke machine with the complete SR/TJ discography way before I get a turntable.
I hate giving up the DVD box too, but it seems to be sold out less fast than the CD box, and with at least the CD box I'll have the goodies.
I really want a nice poster to hang in my new room/office!
Old 2008.11.11, 12:24 AM   #300
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I wonder how many people out there bought the LPs but don't own a turntable?