Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.26, 12:05 PM   #361
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

who wrote the song? this doesnt sound like one of Wingo's.
Old 2010.01.26, 12:42 PM   #362
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's a Ringo song.
Old 2010.01.26, 01:17 PM   #363
mae

mae is headed in the right direction

which i think lowers the expectations, the fact that it's a ringo song
(hi by the way i'm new at the forum and my english sucks, but nice to meet you all)
Old 2010.01.26, 01:22 PM   #364
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
It's a Ringo song.
you *don't* know that, that is based on credits appearing on 2ch and until an official list is sent out by kronekodow, ringohan fan club, or we get the actual cd, *all credits are speculation*. I don't want people to be hating on Ringo's compositional abilities only to have the list come out and find it was written by Uki or some shit like that.

in all probability, the lyrics are hers (she writes them most of the time and English? I smell a Robbie Smith...) but composition-wise, I think I am going to be quite shocked if this turns out to be a Ringo track (cuz right now it kinda sucks).
Old 2010.01.26, 01:29 PM   #365
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you *don't* know that, that is based on credits appearing on 2ch and until an official list is sent out by kronekodow, ringohan fan club, or we get the actual cd, *all credits are speculation*. I don't want people to be hating on Ringo's compositional abilities only to have the list come out and find it was written by Uki or some shit like that.

in all probability, the lyrics are hers (she writes them most of the time and English? I smell a Robbie Smith...) but composition-wise, I think I am going to be quite shocked if this turns out to be a Ringo track (cuz right now it kinda sucks).
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 2010.01.26, 03:31 PM   #366
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha
if your going to bold a quote you might as well do it in context. I just hated on the song not more than a few posts before. I don't care if you dislike the song/Ringo's abilities, my point is that rumors are rumors until proven otherwise and the only thing that separates this forum from places like 2ch is the flood of comments and rumors that crowds out legit observations and information. people might think we are negative or elitist, but you can't deny that this happens to be the best english-language *NEWS* source for Ringo/Tokyo Jihen, and specifically because we don't deal in rumors, we deal in legit confirmed translations from first hand sources like kronekodow and ringohan.

frecklegirl will back me on this. speculation is fine, but don't present rumors as fact until we have confirmation, because, as my FULL QUOTE said "I don't want people to be hating on Ringo's compositional abilities only to have the list come out and find it was written by Uki or some shit like that."
Old 2010.01.26, 03:42 PM   #367
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

neko may have hated on the song, but not on Ringo's compositional abilities--because, exactly, it's not confirmed that she wrote it. I reminded you, Scribble, a bit back not to take the 2ch rumored songwriting/lyrics credits as truth until it's confirmed, and you agreed, so please continue to do that and don't say she wrote it when we don't know for sure from an official source (unless, of course, you are able to provide that official source!). Thanks

Also, lyrics to a song in English from 2ch? Come on. They aren't even English speakers! I can't stop you guys from posting unofficial lyrics, that happens all the time, but just keep in mind--you know, again--that it's all speculative for now. Usually, yeah, there's a grain of truth, but there's invariably several things off, so just keep that in mind and don't post these things as truth or fact. Thank you
Old 2010.01.26, 03:45 PM   #368
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post

Also, lyrics to a song in English from 2ch? Come on. They aren't even English speakers! I can't stop you guys from posting unofficial lyrics, that happens all the time, but just keep in mind--you know, again--that it's all speculative for now. Usually, yeah, there's a grain of truth, but there's invariably several things off, so just keep that in mind and don't post these things as truth or fact. Thank you

ROFL. maybe we should try to decipher the japanese lyrics next time around post them to 2ch in an effort to share information XD. I wonder what they would have to say
Old 2010.01.26, 05:03 PM   #369
Scribble R

Well, kuro_neko, Noudouteki Sanpunkan is no more sophisticated than Kachi-Ikusa (And you enjoyed the former, AFAIK), so you needn't get a heart attack if it's revealed that SR is responsible for this.

stuff
Fair enough about the song credits thing

re: lyrics, I have no intention of getting caught up in one of these periodic over-excited arguments about song translations, but people aren't stupid. The 'source: 2ch' goes without saying and not everyone will share your discomfort with these things and will just shrug it off. It's just something to talk about on page 30-something of what will be a considerably larger thread nearer to release of the album.
Old 2010.01.26, 06:29 PM   #370
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm glad someone mentioned this. I'm not wanting to put words in Ringo's mouth, but some of those lines were way off in the 2ch lyrics.
For instance, what I mentioned earlier about Peggy Lee's "Fever"... In the breakdown, I don't believe Ringo sings "that's the real knock you all know" like the 2ch lyrics, but "that's something you all know" which comes DIRECTLY from "Fever".