Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.12, 07:09 AM   #31
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I didn't even have an issue with her new track, so I don't know why you brought that up?
That wasn't directed at you, but more at the people who judged it through a 30s preview in the new single thread.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I do take issue with you saying 'if you consider yourself a Shiina Ringo fan, then x.' Lol, being bestowed with the honourable title of Shiina Ringo fan isn't something I particularly care about. Who cares? The fact that I constantly visit these forums, desperately yearning for Shiina Ringo to dribble out a decent new track is probably proof that I'm a 'fan' (but not in the healthy way)
I don't mean to say what makes a fan. I don't like that bs talk, like "Oh you didn't buy her albums so you're not a fan" thing. I just said that, since you consider yourself a fan, it's weird that you skipped tracks on some of her albums. Any way you put it, it's still weird.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.12, 09:45 AM   #32
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm a weird person.

Well, I've listened to those tracks now.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 02:16 PM   #33
teattum

teattum has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Perhaps this doesn't count but:
I would directly say that it's the first time I entirely listen to Hatsuku Status (in France it's midnight - passed, as the time to write this post -, I should be in bed, but I'm not tired yet).

But I also guess it's undoubtedly the last time I discover a whole old projet.

Theses songs aren't a great term of creativity, but nevertheless, there are many interesting ideas... Like a remembering of her hard rock times, so witty in a way.

Without understand what she says, to recognize her speaking way (she has not changed as long as that we could believe) it's so funny.

PS - the quality song is almost unbearable, but as long as that's concern Ringo... (okay, that's sound like fanboy-izm )
teattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 02:30 PM   #34
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh me too I haven't heard all of Hatsuiku Status yet either and you made it sound interesting. What I've heard on Watashi to Houden and YouTube sounded nice, not low quality, just quite different to the rest of SR's solo career: three deep muddy bass guitars (to borrow a word from Glathannus), watery cymbals and her voice kind of floating soulfully above it. I'll catch up on the DVD one day.

I'm intrigued by the idea of ZCS Onaji Yoru, sounds like a contradiction in terms, but um, there are ways of hearing these things if I need it! [Retro Edit: ...that's been remedied and like it a lot, kind of miss the violin though! ]

Edit: there now, wasn't Byoushou Public fun, Scribble!

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.04.13 at 05:00 PM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 03:33 PM   #35
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Hatsuiku Status is actually a VHS tape XD hilariously enough.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 04:23 PM   #36
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I never said Yokushitsu was bad(?) I just think its overrated, but I see why its liked
I'm with you on this one. Completely overrated. The only performance that was somewhat worth the squeals it received was on Zazen, and that was solely because it allowed us to see a Ringo channeling some sort of creative playfulness not seen in quite some time.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 07:01 PM   #37
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I... just got around to listening to Sigma in its entirety. Finally got to hear the "I just want some herpes / boobies" that everyone mentions.

With that out of the way, I think the only one left on my list is Ichijuku no Hana. I just cannot make it through that song, and I doubt I ever will.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 07:02 PM   #38
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Wat.
Old 2009.04.13, 07:27 PM   #39
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

^ x2.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 07:58 PM   #40
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sigma's been mentioned a few times as far as misheard lyrics go. "I just want simple peace" is often heard as "I just want some boobies" or something.

...did I say Ichijuku no Hana? I meant Boutomin. My bad, guys.

Okay, okay, so I tried listening to Ichijuku no Hana all the way through, and... I have successfully shamed myself. Turns out after the first half of the song, it's... awesome. The first two minutes still put me to sleep, but if this song had not been analog-only when KSK was out, I would probably have loved it all those times I used to listen to the rest of the entire album on a boombox in my room at night, just before sleeping.

Last edited by Positron : 2009.04.13 at 08:39 PM.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote