Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.11.30, 05:23 AM   #391
kairi

kairi pleased at least somebody

Anyone else bought the Pour Homme perfume from the 10th anniversary shows? Anyone care to tell me what it smells like if you've opened it, since I'm not to keen to open it XD
kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 05:27 PM   #392
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Uhmmm... I just bought a KZK vinyl... on ebay.... O____O

Ended up being like USD$115 (which is a hell of a lot of money because of the exchange rate).

I also got two ROCKIN' ON JAPAN's from the same seller (the nurse photoshoot, and the booby photoshoot with the strawberry).

They were also selling all Tokyo Jihen vinyls and the Heisei Fuuzoku vinyl. I need the ADULT VIDEO OST and Gunjyou Biyori/Sounan vinyls but I just couldn't afford it at the moment.

*wonders if anyone else from EMF was in the bidding war*
Old 2008.12.14, 06:05 PM   #393
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Nothing slips past my radar, you know. That was an obscurely-listed auction, too. Nobody inputting the proper spelling on artist name, was going to find it.

The second-highest bidder on KSK, coming in during the final 10 seconds - was me. So the final price was basically my maximum bid. I don't know how much higher your own maximum bid was beyond that, but you had to be pretty fucking serious to beat me, so I won't complain. It feels good to win something that rare though, doesn't it?

Without today's auctions, I have one incomplete set that is short of a KSK and an Adult Video Soundtrack. That hole has existed in my collection for nearly a year now. I'm not trying to complete a bunch more sets - just trying to fill in the hole that was already there.

But if I wasn't going to win KSK this time, then Gunjou Biyori / Sounan is one of the other Big Three, and even if I don't need it for completing a set - I have a friend who wants it, so I can give that to them without breaking one of my sets.
Old 2008.12.14, 06:32 PM   #394
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Uhmmm... I just bought a KZK vinyl... on ebay.... O____O

Ended up being like USD$115 (which is a hell of a lot of money because of the exchange rate).
That's a lot of cash just for the one vinyl what kind of condition did you get it in, brand new/used? also are you willing to pay that kind of price again to collect the others that you are missing? prices are so high these days never mind the weakened currencies on top of that! it's a tough time to be collecting at the moment.

Still, as Glath says it does feel good to pick up something rare regardless of the cash output to get it.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 07:00 PM   #395
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I saw those auctions!! I was contemplating bidding on the magazines when I first saw those auctions, but since I'm pretty broke these days, I decided against it. I'm happy though that the winner is an EMF member!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 07:21 PM   #396
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I already have all three of the separate magazines that seller was auctioning off. After my experiences with Shopping Mall Japan, I don't get too excited about single issues of Rockin' On Japan for $10 (plus international shipping). Those eBay prices comes out to around the same total I spent on getting individual issues from Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and that was far too much of a drain.

Batch magazine auctions are the cheapest way to go, and they never happen on eBay. Even the shipment 'savings' you get from winning several separate magazine auctions from the same eBay seller, are nothing compared to getting 25 issues across two auctions/sellers for $150 after all the fees. Some people would much rather have all of that instead of a KSK LP - if they had to choose between the two.

I was going to be broke, but somehow I managed to postpone my batch of Blankey Jet City CDs from CD Japan, to ship out in the middle of January instead of the middle of December. I'm hoping the yen will get under control by then, and even if it doesn't, my finances will be in much better shape from the massive overtime I'm putting in this month. This frees up a lot of my money this month for things like Christmas presents for the family, or comfortably participating in bid wars against other EMFers whom I don't know at the time to be EMFers. If I couldn't have pushed back my CD Japan order, I would have left those auctions alone, and announced their existence to this community. With all the things I give away, I'm not as greedy as the people who don't know me might think, but if more competing bidders are going to make it any harder for me to patch a hole I've had with one incomplete LP set for a year, why make things any harder on myself by telling everyone about the auction?
Old 2008.12.14, 08:39 PM   #397
Jesse

Ah, I knew there would be some people waiting in the shadows! I thought it was strange that no one had bidded before the last like 10 seconds.

I think my final bid was USD$120. Though I had USD$150 ready to go. Because I am insane. The KZK vinyl is like the item I've most wanted for, like, ever. So I think it's worth it.

I've spent that much on vinyls before... some rare Sigur Ros ones... Me so crazy!
Old 2008.12.24, 11:08 PM   #398
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Name:  hiramekimedesu30-img600x450-1229758405dh29wf92511.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  35.9 KB

I've wanted one of these for years, and now I finally secured one. I think there's only a dozen or two of these in existence, and none of them are outside of Japan (yet). Between this and the Yuuhatsu Orgasm VHS, I've taken care of the two most elite rares I've always wanted.

Next highest goal: an unused Honnou poster!
Old 2008.12.25, 06:39 AM   #399
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

That's pretty much the best Christmas present a Shiina fan could possibly hope for.

I'm dying of jealousy at you Glath.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.25, 02:20 PM   #400
Jesse

I feel so... un-fan-like...

What is that, Glath? ._.