Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.09.12, 12:54 AM   #401
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I hope you realize that no matter how great or bad the original quality of your uploaded content is, that YouTube will put it through another generation of lossy compression anyway. So the 32kbps WMAs get butchered into... something that sounds like 24kbps even if in reality the new filesize is 192kbps, but when things are at least as bad as 32kbps and your mind is already filtering so much, you might not be able to notice the difference anyway.
...and this matters because?
Thank you to kroneko for uploading that video. It sounds fine.
Old 2007.09.12, 02:41 AM   #402
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

He already said why it matters...

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I don't think it takes an audiophile to agree that 24kbps audio (not quite 2% of the 1411kbps on a CD) doesn't do Tokyo Jihen justice for introduction to potential new fans
Old 2007.09.12, 04:48 AM   #403
DNA Mad Scientist

DNA Mad Scientist pleased at least somebody

Wow, a forum for fans of Shiina Ringo where almost everyone is bashing her. I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Tsuchiya, the new songs sounds like they were made for me, they sound fantastic! I think OSCA and Killer Tune are some of the best songs she's ever done! It seems to me that a lot of fans are angry at the change Shiina made to her music when she formed Tokyo Jihen. I, for one, am not. I prefer Tokyo Jihen to Shiina's solo albums, or really I should say I prefer ADULT to Shiina's solo albums. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her solo albums! Along with Keiko Matsui, Shiina Ringo's my favorite artist. But with the ADULT lineup, Tokyo Jihen's got something special, they have chemistry, the likes of which I've rarely heard. And why all the hate towards Ukigumo? I think he's loads better than Hirama. And if OSCA is any indication of his writing skills, then I'm not worried about the new album. Some people like Jihad need to calm down, if you like rock and don't like jazz, that's okay. But don't take it all on Shiina man. She's obviously found that jazz is a superior form of music, just like I did. Anyway my rant is over, and I can't wait for the new album!
Old 2007.09.12, 05:09 AM   #404
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Hello Mr. Smurf. What am your real SN is?
Old 2007.09.12, 05:32 AM   #405
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by DNA Mad Scientist View Post
Wow, a forum for fans of Shiina Ringo where almost everyone is bashing her.
The majority like the new singles. And certainly the overwhelming majority have no major problem with ADULT.

It seems to me that a lot of fans are angry at the change Shiina made to her music when she formed Tokyo Jihen. I, for one, am not.
Good for you. Why do you have a problem with the fact that some Shiina fans are critical of the new direction? Nobody is telling you how to think. If anybody has the right to be critical of Shiina it's her fans. And again, I don't think many have a problem with the idea of Jihen itself, nor the change with the first two albums.

And why all the hate towards Ukigumo? I think he's loads better than Hirama.
Why all the hate for Hirama? I think he's loads better than Ukigumo. Whoops... people have opinions.

Some people like Jihad need to calm down, if you like rock and don't like jazz, that's okay. But don't take it all on Shiina man.
He is a fan of Shiina. Not Ukigumo. If he, or anybody else wants to hate on Ukigumo and the songs he is writing, they have to criticise Shiina for not only choosing him, but giving him shared reigns over Variety's song writing. Thus, if Variety is underwhelming you can't just blame the writer or genre, but the person that chose that writer and direction and the person you expected to take it all on herself i.e Shiina. Think of any major solo artist that travels with a band. If they handed over song writing duties to the band itself, of course fans are going to be disappointed when the songs don't live up to standard, and it makes sense to thus be critical of the solo artist for handing that capability over.

She's obviously found that jazz is a superior form of music, just like I did.
Wow. I feel humbled to know somebody that has found the light. You must be proud of yourself.

I am not, by the way, one of the people that despises everything after Adult. However, while I like OSCA and Killer Tune I find them disappointingly underwhelming in comparison to past Shiina/Jihen singles and I expected more. I also prefer Hirama to Ukigumo. You can't just come on here and ask why people have a different opinion to you, and then go through all of your own opinions as if all Shiina fans should instantly feel the same way. "Why do you think this? Why do you hate this? I think this! I like this!". It works both ways.
Old 2007.09.12, 06:06 AM   #406
DNA Mad Scientist

I'm sorry if I sounded over-critical in my post. I didnt want to sound like that. Everyone is entilted to their opnions. But I just came here and saw this thread and was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of hate and disapointment I read in these last few pages. I think Shiina is currently doing the best work she's ever done and I was really surprised to find so many fans think otherwise. Like I said I just checked out this thread, and what I said was based solely on what I read on the few pages I read.
Old 2007.09.12, 06:15 AM   #407
DNA Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Aren't you smart.
Old 2007.09.12, 06:20 AM   #408
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I don't understand that sentence...

@DNA

It's easy to develop so much hate. Imagine the Shiina you once loved would do something you don't like at all. Wouldn't you be sad about that?

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2007.09.12 at 06:25 AM.
Old 2007.09.12, 06:24 AM   #409
Inaudible-Whisper

I'm sorry if I sounded over-critical in my post. I didnt want to sound like that. Everyone is entilted to their opnions. But I just came here and saw this thread and was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of hate and disapointment I read in these last few pages. I think Shiina is currently doing the best work she's ever done and I was really surprised to find so many fans think otherwise. Like I said I just checked out this thread, and what I said was based solely on what I read on the few pages I read.
But is isn't the best work Shiina's ever done because it isn't her doing it. She's singing other people's songs. And I'll accept that you can accept others opinions, but don't read through the last few pages of a thread and judge the whole community with "Wow, a forum for fans of Shiina Ringo where almost everyone is bashing her" when it simply isn't the case.

Maybe it would have been best to introduce yourself first in the New Members Thread, giving a little history about how/why you like Shiina and your views on the new stuff and then come in here and give your views on the new samples and disagree with other views on them without generalising the whole community in your first post

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.09.12 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2007.09.12, 06:35 AM   #410
DNA Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Maybe it would have been best to introduce yourself first in the New Members Thread, giving a little history about how/why you like Shiina and your views on the new stuff
Yeah I'll do that.
Closed Thread