Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.01.16, 11:18 AM   #401
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
It's the fact that throughout the entire season it doesn't cross your mind that they want Walt. Only Aaron. And then in the finale it is Walt that is taken.
I thought they just wanted to stop them from leaving the island. Seriously, since they even kidnapped Claire nothing else but Aaron ever came to my mind.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.16, 12:59 PM   #402
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I thought they just wanted to stop them from leaving the island. Seriously, since they even kidnapped Claire nothing else but Aaron ever came to my mind.
No they purposefully pulled their boat over and said "We're taking the boy". Walt is special, they've said that numerous times. That is why they took him and why they always planned to. In season 2 Walt does something unknown causing a commotion and an alarm to go off. Juliet tells Ben that he is more of a threat than they realise and they should take him back to Michael. Ben then says "Jacob wants him. He is important and special". We see examples of Walt's powers numerous times in Season 1.

They took Claire to give her the injections to prevent any birth problems.

That is the point fluffie is trying to make though; that all along we thought they just wanted Aaron, but all the talk about "they want the child", "they're coming for him" was actually about Walt. It would be a similar play on words and similar totally misleading statements as "You can't raise him" and "Don't ever bring him back" referring to Locke's resurrection rather than, again, Aaron.
Old 2009.01.16, 01:22 PM   #403
golem09

No they purposefully pulled their boat over and said "We're taking the boy". Walt is special, they've said that numerous times. That is why they took him and why they always planned to. In season 2 Walt does something unknown causing a commotion and an alarm to go off. Juliet tells Ben that he is more of a threat than they realise and they should take him back to Michael. Ben then says "Jacob wants him. He is important and special". We see examples of Walt's powers numerous times in Season 1.
yeah, I understand, but it still doesn't change that I totally didn't get it when I was watching it myself

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.01.16, 01:52 PM   #404
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
yeah, I understand, but it still doesn't change that I totally didn't get it when I was watching it myself
Oh well, I thought you might have just needed reminding.
Old 2009.01.18, 09:27 AM   #405
golem09

Very short character interviews:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/200...-season-5.html

Besides of the usual blabla you gonna see a lot of new stuff blabla Ben actucally said something that changes my view of, well just about anything regarding lost.

Ben's role is still what it always was. His leadership of the island or his leadership on the others was always a temporary thing, it is not his main mission. His main mission which is yet to be revealed I think. But there is a larger game afoot. The island is sort of one, one little playing field in a much larger game, and Ben is still one of the lead players in that larger game. I think it's a global game.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.01.19, 03:07 PM   #406
Inaudible-Whisper

So the press screening of episode 3 happened recently, and feedback has been pretty much universal that it is one of the best and most important episodes of the show yet with lots of game changing answers. This review says it all, without spoiling anything and pretty much all of DarkUFO's sources seem to think it's not only the best of the season so far, but one of the best ever.

I hope they keep up the momentum like this throughout the whole season. After the premier, I usually expect it to slow down for a few episodes before another big one but this is looking awesome. I can't friggin' wait!
Old 2009.01.20, 08:31 AM   #407
golem09

So the press screening of episode 3 happened recently, and feedback has been pretty much universal that it is one of the best and most important episodes of the show yet with lots of game changing answers. This review says it all, without spoiling anything and pretty much all of DarkUFO's sources seem to think it's not only the best of the season so far, but one of the best ever.

I hope they keep up the momentum like this throughout the whole season. After the premier, I usually expect it to slow down for a few episodes before another big one but this is looking awesome. I can't friggin' wait!
D: D: D: D:

Me too!
No I don't even want to see the premiere anymore, just episode 3 xD

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.01.21, 07:03 PM   #408
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Got damn. 10/10 I love you, Sun.
Old 2009.01.21, 08:59 PM   #409
golem09

D: Damn, I have to go to work now D:
No source found, so I will have to wait until 8pm (in 13 hours) to watch it D:

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.01.22, 07:11 AM   #410
Inaudible-Whisper

That was epic. They're really going all out with the sci-fi and mythology this season, it's just crazy. Can't wait for next week!