Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.22, 02:45 AM   #401
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Andikki View Post
Shiseido can do much better than that. Wish they did this time...
Ooh, I'm in awe. I love these! I'm watching them all. Thank you!
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.22, 03:11 AM   #402
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

that was wierd, i just saw hirama mikio eating dinner.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.22, 07:37 PM   #403
Andikki

Andikki is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I'm sorry but I can't see the "Art" you say there, in the first cm.. also it doesnt look like a makeup CM anyway.. and these are too different cms with diferent themes XD i don't see why comparing them with ringo's one
They are makeup CMs by Shiseido, which makes them relevant to Ringo's one. I find them (and many more Shiseido CMs) very artistic while the one with Ringo is just your ordinary makeup CM only interesting because she's in it. So I was whining that they didn't make better use of Ringo.
Andikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.23, 05:03 AM   #404
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Now I wonder... What if Ringo's son saw this? Looking at his mom saying "Like a virgin" and singing like a little child. >.<
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.26, 06:04 AM   #405
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

For how much I didn't really care for Onna no Ko wa Dare demo at first, it seems to be stuck in my head quite often O_O
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.04, 05:14 PM   #406
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I've been absent from the meatier areas of the forums for a while, as some stuff my family went through recently sort of sapped my passion. Tonight I decided to finally tackle this thread, and wow, it certainly was an interesting read.

Too bad about the Bongo blowout and ban. I sincerely like him, and he has never been less than kind and friendly to me. Admittedly, I am one of the less intensely engaged members of this forum, maybe because I was 40 years old when I discovered Ringo, and therefore rarely express an extreme opinion. Oh well. As TJ might say, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.

Today was the first time I heard the two new songs. I have listened to them repeatedly over the past few hours, and even over this short period of time my feelings have shifted. I first really wanted to like Sora ga Natteiru, and tried to accentuate in my mind the aspects of it that I found enjoyable, but it just didn't get better upon repeated listening. There's nothing horribly wrong with it, but it seems rather uninspired. There were songs on Sanmon Gossip that I could repeat five times in a row, and totally immerse myself in. This song will never be one of them. But I don't really dislike it either, it just elicits a rather disinterested shoulder shrug. The piano version, however, immediately caught my ear. I do hope that version is eventually released.

My first reaction to Onna no Ko wa Dare demo was to write it off as absolute crap, but it slowly grew on me. By the time I got to the page with the PV, I had gotten over my initial aversion, and by the time I finished watching it I was a fan. I would be disappointed if Ringo released an entire album of this style of music, but it's a fun, well crafted song, and I am happy to go along for the ride when she occasionally chooses to explore this genre. The costumes were great and she seemed to be having a lot of fun, which I certainly prefer to the inert Ringo in the other video. I do agree that the band seemed to be little more than set dressing.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.05, 01:48 AM   #407
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Funnily enough, this song turned me on to Tsugou Ii Karada. What's also funny is that the lyrics of my favourite part of Ii Karada goes with the 'mystery' theme implied at the end of the Onna no Ka demo video:

It is a mystery
I want a good story
Now I’m in misery
I like big histories
It’s not a mystery
It’s a selfish story
But I’m in misery
Give me a perfect...
[brain =p]
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.05, 09:15 PM   #408
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Well, I for one have forgotten all about Hata's "incident" (hahaha, Hata's very own "Tokyo Jihen" HOW DID NO ONE NOTICE THIS UNTIL NOW). So can we get the single now? Seriously. It has wintry art, it needs to be released while it's still cold outside.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.07, 03:59 PM   #409
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Sora ga Natteiru is unmemorable to me. It took several listens for me to even recall the basic melody. I feel like it is far too laid back. We need something explosive and with energy again. I've usually felt cold towards most Jihen singles anyways.
Onna no Ko wa Dare demo is amazing really, because my favorite Shiina is Jazz Shiina, and this is straight up contemporary jazz. The lyrics are underwhelming, but I like how the MV ties in very well with the style and time period she is trying to recall with the song.
Can we have the release now?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.09, 08:28 AM   #410
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

for some reason this sora ga natteiru sounds really good today, im enjoying it now, i never disliked it but felt like everyone else that it was too generic, but i'm really feeling it today, wish i have the piano version which sounds even better
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote